+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Behind the Scenes

FORT Newbie

Behind the Scenes

I was actually at the taping of the finale in LA. Just to let everyone know, (and this is coming from a very credible source) Alicia's story about being in foster care was a lie. Both of her biological parents were at the taping as well as her sisters. When asked about her family at the taping, she never peeped a word about foster care and just said she was glad her family and friends made the trip from Vegas. As horrible as this sounds, Shannon's family and friends were nice and polite to everyone, while Alicia's family was loud and continually made mean comments to Shannon's side of the room. I was anxious to see how much of Alicia's family would be shown on the finale on TV because they just weren't what the producers hoped for. When Alicia's name was called out, her mother yelled at the top of her lungs, "A million dollars, baby!" I felt bad because I could see how the editing was worked so that Shannon eventually looked snobby and pretentious, while Alicia looked nice and polite. Seeing and speaking with them both at the taping, I can say that while Alicia was cordial, Shannon was nothing but sweet and incredibly gracious. She continually congratulated Alicia after the announcement. . .OFF CAMERA! The word is that Shannon has already received numerous inquiries, and people close to the show were not 100% pleased at the outcome. They continually commented on her poise and class as well as her ability to interview and speak with anyone in the business. Alicia was not asked to do as many interviews as Shannon. While I think Alicia is pretty and, like I said before, cordial. . .Shannon seemed to be a step above. I hope this gives fans of the show a better idea of how things "went down" at the taping and on the show itself.

FORT Fanatic
    I didn't watch every single show, but I never heard Alicia say she was in foster care, just the editors at SI. She could have said it, but I didn't see it. Also, you can be in foster care and still be in touch with your parents. A good chunk of kids in foster care see their parents somewhat regularly, and the aim of foster care is to reunite the families. So, while I never heard [I]Alicia[I] say it, it could very well be that she bounced around some from house to house, but still tried to keep in touch with her family. Happens all the time. So it's a bit quick to say "It was all a lie".

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by estella_nyc
    I didn't watch every single show, but I never heard Alicia say she was in foster care, just the editors at SI. She could have said it, but I didn't see it. Also, you can be in foster care and still be in touch with your parents. A good chunk of kids in foster care see their parents somewhat regularly, and the aim of foster care is to reunite the families. So, while I never heard [I]Alicia[I] say it, it could very well be that she bounced around some from house to house, but still tried to keep in touch with her family. Happens all the time. So it's a bit quick to say "It was all a lie".
    Actually, Alicia did say several times that she had been in foster care her whole life. I also thought it was very, very strange that she said she didn't have family, but they were all there in LA. All I have to say is that Shannon's family and friends love her very much. We know that she is a wonderful person, and she will have a great career. WE LOVE YOU SHANNON!!!!

Didn't they show one of the houses that her and her half sister were in foster care at, so I don't think it's a lie. Also, I think I remember her telling her little sister something like I'll call you even if mom doesn't, so there's definitely something bad going on there. I believe that even if it may not seem to some that she's had it that bad, Alicia believes it and it's had a profound effect on her and the way she deals with people. I think when she told Jenna the line about "why make friends" had a lot to do about the feeling of being abandonded.

I do believe however that they somehow try to make Shannon out to be the bad guy in the end though and I'm not buying it. I think Shannon is probably just as sweet as she came across before last night's finale.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

-H-
    Just because both Alicia biological parents were at the taping does not mean that everything was lie. There are lots of people out there that have biological parents, step parents and foster parents.

When Alicia mention that she never had a family. She could probably meant that they were never there for her. Or something totally different. There are many people out there that have a family, but are not very close to them to call it a family.

So you mean to tell me that during the taping of the finale' somebody just blurted out "oh by the way, the whole storyline behind Alicia was made up"? I don't buy it.

Quite frankly, it sounds to me like a bunch of Shannon lovers who are highly disappointed that their choice didn't win. Yes, Shannon and Alicia had two completely different upbringings it was quite evident even at the finale' taping.
    But you're making it sound like the only reason Alicia won was because of the sympathy votes and you're not giving me credit that I voted for Alicia simpy because I thought she was the right model for the job.

Shannon was very respectable and classy throughout the entire process of the show until the last episode where she morphed into a jackass. Instead of backpedaling for her, let her humble loving upbringing speak for itself and she'll recover just fine.

Sorry, your post sounds like sour grapes

Ok, first you say you were at the taping, and then you say you heard from a reliable source....so which is it?

You need to first understand that foster care does not equal an orphanage. She said that her parents were unable to care for her and her sibling and they got put into foster care. That happens all the time.

I am sorry that you are upset that Shannon lost. But you have to admit that Shannon seemed very shallow and showed her true colors at the end.

YAY FOR ALICIA!! Finally, a real person winning something for a change!

FORT Fogey
    Right on Snoopychick!

By any chance did the so-called credible source's name begin with an S, and sound like cannon??

swim2, thanks for the report.

FORT Newbie
    I can't post links since I'm new. But there is an article in cityguide thespectrum that says Alicia graduated from Rancho High School yet her NBC bio says she has only an 8th grade education and was home schooled.

Also she was in the April 19, 2004 LA Weekly as a Next Model. Look her up on Google with LA Weekly and Next Model and you'll see the picture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast