+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Behind the Scenes

FORT Newbie

million

I don't think Alicia's mom yelled out "A million dollars, baby!" although I can understand how you could have heard that. The actual line was "Million Dollar Baby!"

FORT Newbie
    The actual line was "Million Dollar Baby!"
    How can Alicia win a million dollar modeling contract with Next Models when she had or was already working for them? She was featured in LA Weekly April 2-9, 2004 issue in a fashion layout, and it says Alicia Hall, Next Model. Maybe she was offered a contract after her Star Search stint in 2003. I think the entire show was rigged from the beginning and was not actually a competition.

FORT Newbie

rigged

Jumper

The show was not rigged in the way that you suggest. Obviously all reality shows that start with a large applicant pool and use professionals to winnow that pool down to 12 and then only allow the public to vote between the remaining 2 contestants is, to some degree, "rigged." America didn't have the chance to vote for Krisi, for example, and she appeared to be the public's favorite on the NBC webpage.

I don't have a full explanation of the LA Weekly piece for you, but I will let you know what I find out about it. I have a few partial answers but I want to see if they all synchronize before posting.

FORT Newbie
    I don't have a full explanation of the LA Weekly piece for you, but I will let you know what I find out about it. I have a few partial answers but I want to see if they all synchronize before posting.
    Well usually participants in game shows aren't allowed to be employees or family members of the network or whoever is giving out the prize. I would think even prior employees would be disqualified. Guess the rules are different for reality competition shows.

FORT Newbie

In response to your so called knowledge...

Just so you know--I was there at the SI final taping too, and I was sitting with Alicia's family.--I happen to be one of Alicia's sisters. You have your info completely wrong! Your source is bogas!
    The real story is...We all got taken away from our parents when we were young, and yes we lived in separate foster homes for a few years, we grew up extremely poor, at times, homeless, and yes both parents came---but they are divorced and came from different cities. We didn't even have enough money to get more than one hotel room for all of us so we all had to sleep in one room---(15 of us)!!!! Even if it meant that mom and dad had to stay in the same room! We believed it was important for us to get there no matter what to support her and her dreams! This was not a fixed thing! This was really happening, and we weren't going to miss it!
    Oh, and --Yes --we were loud at the taping when we heard them say Alicia's name--but wouldn't you be if you had her life? -- And to set the record straight, we were not rude to Shannon's family. We didn't appreciate their snobbiness before and after the show, but that's another story. You didn't hear things that were being said under the breath like we did, so when they said Alicia won---it was truly sad to see their utter dissappointment, and our excitement! But, you reap what you sow, and Alicia has worked probably harder than Shannon coming from where we did! We didn't have money to help us start her career. So please don't bad mouth my sister, she is truly a sweet, good girl, and she really does deserve this....not that Shannon doesn't, but it is what it is.

FORT Newbie

Alicia Hall

Hi, I was reading this forum, because I was just curious, and I wanted you to know that Alicia did go to Rancho for a little while, but then she became home schooled. I don't know why the article said she graduated from Rancho. Regarding the NEXT modeling thing---ALicia was never contracted or signed with them, she did took a lot of jobs from different companies like NEXT, Skechers, Dolce and GAbana, etc..... like any aspiring model does, but she was never actually a contracted model with NEXT when she did the SI show. ---I should know ---I'm her sister. SI show was not fixed in any way besides producer editing! Any other questions?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12