+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did our votes count?

Quote Originally Posted by baby_wipes
    like I'm skeptical about whether our votes counted or not as well, but I don't think it's a valid point to say that Shannon should've won because she has more friends and family that would've voted for her.
    I agree baby. But like in the AI threads when voting starts, whenever somebody's favorite doesn't win or gets eliminated the game is rigged or it's racially motivated or computer geeks with nothing better to do tamper with the voting lines.

Why can't we be happy in the knowledge that both girls deserved it and the best girl won. :rolleyes

There was a ton of little tiny writing that flew by at the end of the credits. Did anyone tape it so they can go back and pause it and read. It's probably a disclaimer stating that the producers or Joel the biased one has ultimate say it who the winner is. It was clear who they wanted to win early on.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

FORT Newbie

Really Real

The show was taped on the Friday afternoon after the voting, and was edited over the weekend. Your votes all counted, except the NBC webpage had a flash problem. This might have favored Alicia, whose fans -- if we're going to engage in stereotyping -- were more likely use text-messaging than the web. I'm not sure why they didn't post the numbers, but my understanding is that Alicia won by a large margin.

All of the top four girls got signed to Next, so everyone will be fine -- including Shannon. For all the vitriol he spouted during the show, I guess in the end Joel figured he could make some money off of her anyway.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Da Fe
    The show was taped on the Friday afternoon after the voting, and was edited over the weekend. Your votes all counted, except the NBC webpage had a flash problem. This might have favored Alicia, whose fans -- if we're going to engage in stereotyping -- were more likely use text-messaging than the web. I'm not sure why they didn't post the numbers, but my understanding is that Alicia won by a large margin.

All of the top four girls got signed to Next, so everyone will be fine -- including Shannon. For all the vitriol he spouted during the show, I guess in the end Joel figured he could make some money off of her anyway.
    Thanks for the info! Would you mind citing your source please? Not because I don't believe you, but because I'd like to read it for myself. Thanks!

FORT Newbie

source

I don't have a published source; I worked on the show.

FORT Newbie
    There's a fashion layout in LA Weekly April 19, 2004, and apparently Alicia Hall was already a Next Model. Some reality show.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper
    There's a fashion layout in LA Weekly April 19, 2004, and apparently Alicia Hall was already a Next Model. Some reality show.
    Yeah, so much for Reality shows....

I saw the article and the picture....what was this, just some giant marketing strategy for Next and Sports Illustrated???

NBC lost in this negociation since the show never met the standards it needed. It just flopped among the viewers. :rolleyes

And we have to suck up to all of this???? OUr votes didn't count at all!!! It was just a set up and WE fell into the trap.

I feel sorry for the girls that really should have won, or perhaps they did with the exposure!! I feel that the 'losers' are really the winners, and get the most jobs in the long run....so:

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE 'LOSERS'

Quote Originally Posted by Free Spirit
    I saw the article and the picture....what was this, just some giant marketing strategy for Next and Sports Illustrated???
    Well, yeah. Reality shows aren't charity events, they have to make money for the sponsors and the networks.

I must say I'm finding it odd that people are so shocked Alicia won...the judges clearly thought she was the best choice.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=AJane]Well, yeah. Reality shows aren't charity events, they have to make money for the sponsors and the networks.

If i'm not mistaken, I think that the show lost its sponsors after the first episode!!??

Either way, I don't think it worked the way they wanted it to. If they wanted Alicia, why didn't they just pick her. Everything was soooo editied, that it didn't even make sense.

I know how reality shows are supposed to work, but jeez, give the viewer something to look forward to, at least 'try' to get some respectable ratings!!

I still think there were other girls there better qualified for the win. At least make a decent show to watch!!! :rolleyes

I was also sick of the Alicia Cinderella story. It seemed pretty obvious who the editors/judges wanted to win.

IMO, shannon had the best SI body. 600 situps per workout? crazy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12