+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    I wanted Alicia to win. I didn't like Shannon, especially last night. She sounded over-confident to me. Almost arrogant.

I was surprised so many of the other girls picked Shannon though. Is Alicia really that unlikable or were they just jealous?

Betti cracked me up. When asked who she thought should win, she said herself!

FORT Fogey
    Well I knew alicia would win because of her sob story. Although I do find them to be equally great models but Alicia does stand out more. Shannon turned me off because she was way too confident she would win.

I think saying Alicia won because of her little rags-to-almost-riches tale is selling her mighty short. She's a stunningly beautiful girl and is ambitious and driven. Shannon will get over it. She'll marry her doctor boyfriend and this will be a great story for her to tell her grandkids. Really, she seems very family-orientated and down-to-earth, so maybe the modeling world is maybe not the best choice for her.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah
    I'm thrilled that my girl Alicia won! I thought the most excrutiating part to watch was when they asked the other girls who they thought should win and most said Shannon. I felt so bad for Alicia.

Shannon rubbed me the wrong way last night with her cockiness.

I believe Alicia will end up doing far better then "other model search reality show" winners.
    Come on, get a grip! Shannon's "cockiness" was entirely the product of editing. The lady is a saint! Put anyone in front of a camera for long enough, ask a few leading questions and with a little creative editing you can turn him or her into anything from Atilla the Hun to Mother Theresa. For example, I'm willing to be the "that happens" line about the swimsuit top was a reply to a clever question that got edited out to make Shannon look bad. Joel :phhht had it in for Shannon from the start (Lord knows why?), and then they really slimed her with that hack job on the final episode.

Sorry, but all the editing in the world won't hide the fact that Miss Shannon is an angel!

Quote Originally Posted by tlcmuse
    I'd buy that if the parents came off as uncaring or freaky or drug addicts or ex-cons. They seemed normal enough to me, not to mention caring and supportive. She said she and her half-sister lived with her stepdad (and mom, I presume) for six years.

Uhmm, we saw Alicia's parents for all of 5 minutes total and they were at a function to see if they're daughter was going to win a $1 million dollar contract - what did you expect them to do? do lines of cocaine during commercial breaks? Notice at the hometown scenes we saw Shannon and her family interacting (and they seem like a wonderful and close family). All we saw of Alicia's family was her step sister. From the things that they taked about, it sounds like they were homeless for a period of time. She might have gone to foster care simply because her parents couldn't take care of her, not that they were necessarily abusive, just that they didn't have the money.

Yeah Alicia had more of a sob story but in the end I think it came down to the pictures. Shannon is a pretty girl, but she doesn't have that "model" look that I think Alicia does.

Oh please, I voted for Alicia because I think she's better looking than Shannon, not because of whatever sympathy story she was giving. I'm sure most people voted with the same reason as me.

sbrightharp26
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly
    Oh please, I voted for Alicia because I think she's better looking than Shannon, not because of whatever sympathy story she was giving. I'm sure most people voted with the same reason as me.

I so agree with you. She could of been richest person there, and I would of still voted for her. She was my favorite from the beginning. Plus, I thought she was prettier than Shannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Milay
    My first choice pic won! Alica did work hard for the title, she deserves it no doubt. Shannon on the other hand will do good by herself.
    I also think Alicia really deserved to win. I really liked Stacy and i agreed with the head of the modelling agency when he said she had lots of versatility. She could definitely go runway. However, she did have a lot of growing up to do. I really thought Shannon had an aged face and I sadly, but honestly, dont see her having a long career because of that, especially since the baby faced look is very popular now.

haha i also didnt like how she didn't give stacy the pendant after the surfing competition.
    There are no ugly women; just lazy women.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordenave
    I also think Alicia really deserved to win. I really liked Stacy and i agreed with the head of the modelling agency when he said she had lots of versatility. She could definitely go runway. However, she did have a lot of growing up to do. I really thought Shannon had an aged face and I sadly, but honestly, dont see her having a long career because of that, especially since the baby faced look is very popular now.

haha i also didnt like how she didn't give stacy the pendant after the surfing competition.
    Stacey had a great personality, but there's something about Alicia that was so innocent and sexy at the same time. I hope to see more of Alicia and Stacey - two girls who definitely deserved to win

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234