+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I'm thrilled that my girl Alicia won! I thought the most excrutiating part to watch was when they asked the other girls who they thought should win and most said Shannon. I felt so bad for Alicia.

Shannon rubbed me the wrong way last night with her cockiness.

I believe Alicia will end up doing far better then "other model search reality show" winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah
    I believe Alicia will end up doing far better then "other model search reality show" winners.
    She definitely has the drive for it. I expect to see a lot of her in the future and not in just bikinis.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by estella_nyc
    Having three parents doesn't mean a hill of beans if they can't take care of you, for whatever reason. Hence the foster care.
    I'd buy that if the parents came off as uncaring or freaky or drug addicts or ex-cons. They seemed normal enough to me, not to mention caring and supportive. She said she and her half-sister lived with her stepdad (and mom, I presume) for six years.

FORT Fanatic
    I guess my point is that none of us knew Alicia back then (or maybe there are few insiders lurking around here), so maybe we shouldn't be so quick to say "It was all a lie". We have no clue if she went to foster care or not, and if she did, we have no clue why. None of us are her case managers, so none of us can say definitively what went down in Alicia's past.

FORT Newbie
    Whatever the actual truth, she made far too big a deal about being all alone in the world, probably to play on our sympathies (not that I bought it for a second). A lot of people struggle, but they don't go on and on about it on national television, conveniently when they know the general public is voting.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcmuse
    Alicia made far too much of her poor-me childhood. That really grates. She told one judge she didn't have any family, then suddenly she has a mom, dad, stepdad, sisters--geez, overplaying it much? 20 people at the finale show were there for her! Big deal, stepdad lives in a trailer home.
    Thank you for noticing this stuff!!! I was at the taping Friday. Everyone at the taping was saying the exact same thing. . . and I mean everyone. In fact, I overheard someone saying that Alicia made up the whole foster care thing. You know what, if she wants to try to win by making up stuff and trying to make people feel sorry for her, well then I do feel sorry for her. I feel sorry for her that she felt the need to lie on national TV. GO SHANNON!!!

I know...it seems like the reality show contestants are getting less and less truthful as time goes on. She's just the latest example.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I don't think Shannon acted cocky, I thought she was very classy, and has been since the beginning....there must be a reason she was liked by all the other girls. She's had a good attitude all the way through.....I wish her luck in her modelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    there must be a reason she was liked by all the other girls. She's had a good attitude all the way through.

Reality, You took the words right out of my keyboard.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty

Reality, You took the words right out of my keyboard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast