+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who'd you vote for?

Couture Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by MollySR99
    For you to say that Shannon is consumed with money is the absolute furthest thing from the truth!! Please don't make accusations about people you do not know anything about. Being her friend, I take it as an insult when you say this. She is the most selfless, giving person I have ever met. She deserves anything and everything good that comes her way. I can't even believe I am getting upset about a comment that is obviously ridiculous and unwarranted.

I appologize. I don't dislike any of the models, however, It's my right as a viewer to dislike how they are being portrayed on television. I can't pass judgement on any of the girls. When I say I don't like them, I mean I don't like the character that's been portrayed on tv.

Shannon's A-ok, but I come from a poor backround and can relate to Alicia more, and I just deviate from girl's/people who have been born into privledge. I think if Alicia were to win, it would be like a Cinderella Story. Besides, you saw what the SI professionals said, they both loved Shannon much more than Alicia, and it's obvious we'll be seeing Shannon in SI before too long, regardless if she wins.

This was a hard choice because I like them both. I chose Alicia because I like her look better but liked Shannon's personality best. I think Alicia has a little something different - she's a tough cookie but given her background I understand and applaud her efforts to strive...despite her rubbing people the wrong way with her sandpaper exterior.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Newbie

Shannon and Alicia were on Dennis Miller last week

CNBC apparently taped the show on Thursday before the the voting was closed. It may have aired Friday.

The models were very cute together and had become good friends before the end of the show. Both had great personalities in the interview. Shannon is getting married.

Dennis said he waited to vote until he had them both on the show. When asked who he was voting for he said he liked the top half of one and the bottom of the other. Shannon said she kind of liked that.

I voted for Shannon. She reminds me of Lauren Hutton and I like her personality. She was nice to Betti when everyone else was insensitive to the hatchet job that the arrogant male hairstylist did to Betti's hair.

I also thought Shannon had a better body.

Personality

I voted for Shannon. All 5 times the rules would allow. From both of my email addresses.

Though I didn't come from a broken home, life has kicked me in the teeth plenty of times. You've got to play the hand you're dealt and get on with life. Once you reach adulthood, well it's all on your shoulders and life isn't going to go easy on you just because you had a difficult start. Listening to all that whining and crying just made me want to slap Alicia and tell her to grow up and start acting like a grown-up - modeling is a tough business! Shannon's attitude reflects self-confidence; she knows what really matters in life. Her personality is that of a grown woman, not a little girl.

Alicia's nose has bothered me from the beginning. It was usually irritatingly red, emphasing it's upturned, pointy shape. The combination of blue eyes and dark hair along with freckles (sigh) made Shannon my favorite from the first episode. That she looks like a woman instead of a High School cheerleader (as I said elsewhere) are more points in her favor - the only other contestant who didn't look like she was barely out of puberty was Betti after the haircut, though I did like Sabrina a bit.

I really hope Shannon wins - and to preserve the looks she needs for modeling for as long as possible (most models are done by 30), I hope she starts slathering on the SPF 40 sunblock and using one of those "self-tanning" products if she wants a tan. Go Shannon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike84
    Listening to all that whining and crying just made me want to slap Alicia and tell her to grow up and start acting like a grown-up
    Wow those are some harsh words, I tend to not judge any contestants on any reality tv shows based on their personality cuz it is usually twerked and tweaked in a way to make a good tv show and is probably farthest from the way they actually are.

I didn't think Alicia whined and cried that much on the show either, I dont think she will win but I definetly don't think theres anything wrong with her look, or attitude

FORT Newbie
    I voted for Shannon because I feel she has the body and the attitude. I wouldn't be surprised if Alicia wins because of her whinning and her diva attitude, which I think will be her biggest problem if she does win. I am really tired of her overstrung story. My life hasn't been that easy either, but do you hear me whinning...just get a life and on with it!!!

I have to accept that Shannon, who is going to get married and all, will probably not be 'that available' and if she starts having family or something. Allicia is more marketable, even with her flabby ass. They both have a look, but I just got tired of the story!!!

No matter what, I'm sure they were both signed up by next....and will probably get lots of $$$$ anyway!!!

Perhaps a bit too harsh

Quote Originally Posted by bobpickle
    Wow those are some harsh words, I tend to not judge any contestants on any reality tv shows based on their personality cuz it is usually twerked and tweaked in a way to make a good tv show and is probably farthest from the way they actually are.

I didn't think Alicia whined and cried that much on the show either, I dont think she will win but I definetly don't think theres anything wrong with her look, or attitude

You're probably right, the words were a bit harsh. I've dealt with some really difficult times in my life. So far, I've just dealt with them. For some reason, I always believe it will work out for the best in the end. So both Stacy and Alicia irritated me no end.

Alicia is beautiful. But she's about 3" shorter than Shannon. I'm 6'6" tall, so to me a taller woman is a little more attractive if everything else is equal. And all the crying - well I guess they are younger ladies, but I've seen younger ladies with more grit and so I do have pretty high expectations.

I think both would do well in SI. I just liked Shannon much better right from the start. Freckles, blue eyes, the Lauren Hutton look, even her figure all add up to my ideal. Well, if she were at least 10 years older. :-)

FORT Newbie
    alicia!!!! while shannon has the better body, alicia just makes me melt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike84
    I always believe it will work out for the best in the end.
    *sighs*... Sometimes, I don't believe that. It's just a pretentious way to make people feel better after they're down and out. Not everything will work out for the best in the end. Life still can constantly denied you happiness all the way to the very end - just because life is just. I do know it does make you a stronger person at the end (or not) and I do know everything happens for a reason.

Alicia is just one of those few people who are top of the world. So, it's rare. So, I'm happy for her and so lucky for her. I really want to vote for Shannon, I thought she was awesome, and I think she's an ultimate beautiful to me - except her saggy eyes.... But good for Alicia. At least she can enjoy her life as a SI model better now and I hope that she'll put her effort to make her life eaiser and better from now on.
    Last edited by Lonelyguy82; 02-09-2005 at 10:14 PM.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast