+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion of tonight's episode in this thread only until at least midnight ET.

Thanks, and enjoy the show!

why was alicia crying?

what happened after her shoot to make her cry? i switched over to AI
    "Be the change you wish to see in the world" ~Gandhi

so who got cut?
    "this love is unbreakable..."

Quote Originally Posted by PtonKD21
    what happened after her shoot to make her cry? i switched over to AI
    I switched over to AI as well.. I think she started crying because she didn't want the shoot to end and she couldn't believe it was over.

Was the last shot she did really as incredible as they made it seem? I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by coftia
    so who got cut?
    Stacy got cut.

Disgusted with NBC/SI re: voting

I went to the NBC website to vote and there is a photo of each girl. The one of Alicia is amazing, the one of Shannon looks like a Lucille Ball photo with a fruit-salad-flower-bed-hat on her head.

Could they be a little more obvious about whom they would like to win the competition? I thought Joel was going to have a coronary when the 2005 SI editor & photographer liked Shannon better than Stacy to start out with. If it's supposed to be a competition where the audience votes, at least NBC needs to be fair. I always liked Shannon better, but the photo of Shannon was so strange it even gave me pause.

Clearly fair is *not* their goal.

alicia was crying because she didn't want it to be over, and i think that she was wrapped up in the emotion of it, and probably a little bit of "this could be the end of this great time I've had"

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    Could they be a little more obvious about whom they would like to win the competition? I thought Joel was going to have a coronary when the 2005 SI editor & photographer liked Shannon better than Stacy to start out with.
    Haha! It just goes to show how biased and unfair this "competition" is. Of the 3 regular judges, I think only Roshumba has a clue. But everytime she tries to stand up for Shannon, tinker-bell Joel gets on her case like the wimpo bully he is.

It's a good think the SI folks were actually there to reign him in this time. His explanations for getting rid of Shannon were so hollow and fake. It was so funny how the SI peeps had to keep reminding him it's a *SWIMSUIT* competition. And their glowing comments on Shannon's swimsuit body exactly reflects my own, which explains why guys like me continue to buy their swimsuit editions.

At least now Shannon's got a fair chance at the title since the next vote is decided by the audience. Joel's bias for Alicia is obvious. I think the reason he wanted to drop Shannon so bad was because he knew an audience vote would guarantee Alicia's win over Stacy. Whereas Alicia stands a much smaller chance of winning an audience vote if stacked against Shannon.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I didn't think Stacey would be cut.....the judges seemed very satified with her photoshoot.....anyhow, I am rooting for Shannon....and think she would make a perfect SI model.

I'm shocked they picked Shannon over Stacy - if the final decision was up to the judges I'd say they did Alicia a helluva favour cutting Stacy rather than Shannon. The online voting is going to be pretty close, I think.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I'm shocked they picked Shannon over Stacy - if the final decision was up to the judges I'd say they did Alicia a helluva favour cutting Stacy rather than Shannon. The online voting is going to be pretty close, I think.
    I'm not. Shannon is a better swimsuit model, in my opinion. Though, don't get me wrong, the pictures of Stacy on the SI site are very nice. But I don't think the best pics of Alicia or Shannon were up there - I think they are saving them for the actual issue.
    Stacy is gorgeous and would do better as a high-fashion model, I think.If she gets over her insecurity of being seen naked - a lot of fashion shots have nudity, not to mention changing in front of people etc. Stacy was the only one who changed behind a towel. And she was clearly uncomfortable when she was topless with the lei thing (making sure it was covering her etc). That's not a good hang-up to have if you are a model. By the way, it was rather cruel to have the guy judge say Stacy (huge humungous pause) we're dropping you. If the cut had been like the other episodes, she would have been safe (she would have gone to the side and then the judges would have picked between the final 2). You can see that is what she thought was going to happen. Poor Stacy. I wish her much success.
    I think Alicia probably should win the competition (though, at 5'8'' she is a bit short for a high fashion model. I don't even know if she is fully 5'8" (they often increase the listed height of the shorter girls. See Eva on ANTM). I noticed that Shannon was "towering" over Alicia yesterday (Shannon is 5'10''). However, unlike Eva, Alicia doesn't look so short in pictures, which is good). But I think Shannon probably will win. Which is fine by me - I like them both.
    Bora Bora was so beautiful. That cabin they stayed in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast