+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie
    FYI - In Stacy's modeling portfolio she does have shots taken topless (but not showing anything of course). I don't think that she is so terrified of nudity happening in a photo shoot, just maybe not a photo shoot with millions of people watching.

I felt really bad for her last night. She really misplayed the Supermodel Pass - I think Shannon definitely got the advantage in Diane choosing bathing suits for her.

What was up with the Marquis de Sade asking them how winning would change their lives? At that point they had already decided who to cut. The only thing it could accomplish was to get the contestants into such an emotional state that it would be an even bigger emotional fall for the one who was dropped.

I'm not going to vote since I have no interest in buying an SI magazine. I don't even watch the show anymore, I just look at the photos - and based on them, Shannon should win. I'm glad Stacy was booted; sometimes she looks fairly decent in her photos but her appearance outside of the photo shoot makes my pupils contract...yikes! Alicia just does not have the body for a swimsuit model. She's beautiful but it wouldn't be right for her to win. All Shannon needs is a trip to the dermatologist and she'll be fine. She can also get invisible braces. She's very good looking despite her flaws; and since this is primarily a men's magazine I think the winner should represent traits that men overwhelmingly tend to prefer in women.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear
    since this is primarily a men's magazine I think the winner should represent traits that men overwhelmingly tend to prefer in women.
    Aaaarrrrgggh. I'm going to have to take issue with that. I used to be a huge NBA fan (not much time to watch the games anymore ) and I was devoted to SI's NBA coverage. To me, a men's magazine is Maxim, FHM, stuff like that.

If you're just referring to this specific issue...I must tell you that my husband also thought Shannon's boobs were kinda saggy in the topless shoot - also wasn't too crazy about her gap teeth and her freckles - and that he far preferred Alicia to any of the girls. I think guys that are purely into gazing at T&A are more likely to pick up a Maxim than SI.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Aaaarrrrgggh. I'm going to have to take issue with that. I used to be a huge NBA fan (not much time to watch the games anymore ) and I was devoted to SI's NBA coverage. To me, a men's magazine is Maxim, FHM, stuff like that.

If you're just referring to this specific issue...I must tell you that my husband also thought Shannon's boobs were kinda saggy in the topless shoot - also wasn't too crazy about her gap teeth and her freckles - and that he far preferred Alicia to any of the girls. I think guys that are purely into gazing at T&A are more likely to pick up a Maxim than SI.
    I think women make up maybe 30% of a sport watching audience at most - in general I think it's a guy thing. What kind of woman would buy a magazine to see a bunch of women in swimsuits if the swimsuits aren't even for sale? All they're selling are half naked women.

Also, I'm not surprised your husband told you that he thought Shannon's boobs were saggy - especially if you were as adamant in making this point with him as you are in making on the discussion board. I bet that's not what he would tell his friends. I do not see any problem with Shannon's breasts. the fact that there were some people who thought they were fake on this board shows how nicely made her breasts are.

Personally, I think my husband was just trying to make me feel better about my own saggy boobs.

However, I'm not an aspiring swimsuit model, so it doesn't matter. Besides, I'm not at all adamant on the subject of Shannon's boobs...I just think she ought to reconsider going topless again. JMO, of course.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm glad Stacey got cut. This is an opportunity to be in SI swimsuit edition. Stacey has NO boobies!! She's better off in some other area of modeling.

What was up with Joel in that hot pink shirt? yikes.

I'm voting for Shannon.

I just watched the re-run of this episode on VH1 and BOY is that guy from Next a jerk! Plus, did I actually hear him say about Stacy's shoot that there was "A wrench in the ointment."?! Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer is he? I think he had a thing for Stacy - it just seemed like he would not accept any criticism of her. It seemed like he wasn't looking at who was going to be a good fit for SI, but rather who was going to make his agency money.

When I first started watching the show, I really didn't think Shannon was all that great - there were prettier girls on this show. BUT - there's something about her. She may not be a runway model, but she's perfect for SI. And what's with Mr. Judge Guy talking about how the Girl Next Door isn't interesting or edgy? Has he ever heard of Stacey Williams? Kathy Ireland? Cheryl Tiegs?

I do think that Alicia's "story" may get her more votes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Omg why do so many people have to talk about Shannon's boobs. I mean most of these post are about if there real or not. I mean is it that big of a deal. I think her boobs look fine. I think there real and when she did the shoot I think she looked find topless there was nothing wrong

I'm sorry I just don't see what the big deal is. If there real or not
    SmiLeyGuRL

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I just watched the re-run of this episode on VH1 and BOY is that guy from Next a jerk! Plus, did I actually hear him say about Stacy's shoot that there was "A wrench in the ointment."?! Not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer is he? I think he had a thing for Stacy - it just seemed like he would not accept any criticism of her. It seemed like he wasn't looking at who was going to be a good fit for SI, but rather who was going to make his agency money.

When I first started watching the show, I really didn't think Shannon was all that great - there were prettier girls on this show. BUT - there's something about her. She may not be a runway model, but she's perfect for SI. And what's with Mr. Judge Guy talking about how the Girl Next Door isn't interesting or edgy? Has he ever heard of Stacey Williams? Kathy Ireland? Cheryl Tiegs?

I do think that Alicia's "story" may get her more votes.
    I totally agree with you. But notice, that the Jerk's favorite was eliminated, so who does he have left??? The sagging ass girl!!! She will make him more money than Shannon even if Shannon is the better SI body. So we will all be stuck with the girls "story" unfortunately!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12