+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Model Polls and Rankings

FORT Newbie

Model Polls and Rankings

I would seriously like to know the importance of having the viewers rank the models. Does this mean anything at all?? Judges seem to have NEVER taken into consideration what the public thinks of the girls. And, I mean, from the beginning, you can see the tendency and the viewers favorites.

If you take a closer look and analyze the model poll you will see that, basically the top five favorites, two are no longer on the show. If you go further to see the next 5, then about have of them have been cut. Now correct me if i'm wrong, isn't the viewer the one who is going to not only watch the freakin' show, but is going to buy the freakin' magazine. Shouldn't they KNOW what they want to see.

Ok, so please explain this to me. They have eliminated one of the top three finalists which includes the Latin girl and she's been in the top three since the beginning of the polls!!!! I really do no understand.

Perhaps the girls will be getting something for being viewer favorites. I doubt they will be considered 'wild cards' and put back in to the competition...Unless this poll helps SI consider viewer favorites for future editions!! Oh, heck...there are 12 lovely ladies, make a freakin' calendar...!!!!! (Guess I got a majority vote on that one...!!)

There are a lot that doesn't make sense....any suggestions or opinions???

CCL
    Well, the show has already been taped so it's not like they could use the model rankings each week to make that week's cut. They usually have an online popularity ranking for reality show contestants - I think it is just a way to get the public involved & interested & visiting the website. I mean, if your favourite is Jenna and you see that she is ranked number 5 or whatever you would vote a lot to get her to number one. And then you would keep coming back to the site to check out her current ranking, vote again etc.

FORT Newbie
    Yes I understand what you mean. It is a way to get you back on the site, but it also shows the producers who is really the finalist the public is rooting for. IMO, something should come out of this for the girls because it is SO different to what is happening on the show. It also tells the producers that the public is telling them who they want to win; they are watching the show, reading the articles, interiews etc and they have a place to voice their opinion, which is NOTHING in tune with what went down.

Whoever finish in the top five should feel very good because they have the public's support!!!!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo
    Yes I understand what you mean. It is a way to get you back on the site, but it also shows the producers who is really the finalist the public is rooting for. IMO, something should come out of this for the girls because it is SO different to what is happening on the show. It also tells the producers that the public is telling them who they want to win; they are watching the show, reading the articles, interiews etc and they have a place to voice their opinion, which is NOTHING in tune with what went down.

Whoever finish in the top five should feel very good because they have the public's support!!!!
    Well, they have a certain percentage of the public's support ie the ones who vote. A lot of people don't/haven't voted (ie me, for one). So it is not really accurate to say whoever is on top in the online rankings is the number 1 choice of the public.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Well, they have a certain percentage of the public's support ie the ones who vote. A lot of people don't/haven't voted (ie me, for one). So it is not really accurate to say whoever is on top in the online rankings is the number 1 choice of the public.
    I haven't voted or even seen the polls. I doubt the accuracy of those sort of things anyway. The best girl is already out of the competition - which is obviously Stella. She took the best pictures and was the most beautiful on the show (only Nancy and Alicia can come close to her beauty). This is one of the reasons why I don't care about watching the show. I just read other people's comments to figure out what happened.

+ Reply to Thread