+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Model Search VS America's Next Top Model

u wish u could b me

Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Model Search VS America's Next Top Model

After watching this show and being an ATM fan (cycle 1 and 2), I found some interesting correlations. I love how the judges of the Sport Illustrated: Model Search actually relate to the Prizes won for the winner. Joel Wilkenfeld, president of Next Model Management, actually has enough qualification to critique the models who will be fit enough to join the agency. As well as Jule Campbell, founding editor of the Sport Illustrated swimsuit edition. Whereas in ATM the judges are Tyra Banks-who truly does not model anymore, but does mere Victoria Secrets, Janet Dickinson- 1st so called model in the world-who does nothing but bitch and continue to get botox injections because she is so jealous of the young models standing before her :phhht . In Sport Illustrated: Model Search the judges actually watch the model during photo shoot, in ATM they do not. In Sport Illustrated: Model Search the prize is so much better-a cover spread in the Sport Illustrated swimsuit edition (of course!), and a million-dollar modeling contract from NEXT Model Management. In ATM, they get a spread in Jane magazine (who reads that?). Remember Mercedes-2nd place in the ATM cycle 2 Ėguess where she is now? Last time I saw her in an IBM computer commercial, Target commercial and Kohlís. That not real modeling!!! Even Yoanna winner of ATM didnít get the recognition of ďAmericaís Top ModelĒ. (I hope thatís not the case for Eva-I adore her ). Iím not an ATM hater, but just compared to this show it makes it look really bad.

Well there are several errors in your anylisis:

1.) The last winner of ANTM won a spread in VOGUE magazine wich is much more prestijuce than Sports Illustrated.
    2.) Mercedes has actually been extremely successful, and when your a starting off model, you take any work you can get.
    3.) My friend told me that the $1,000,000 contract was a tenitive thing, and that the winner only recieved it if they actually earned that in photoshoots or someting?
    4.) The Winner of SI gets a contract with Next Modeling Magagment ? That agency is nothing compared to FORD MODELS in which the ANTM girls go with, aswell as a contract with CoverGirl.

Overall I think the contestants, prizes, and show over of ANTM is much better than Sports Illustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by bhanson2004
    Well there are several errors in your anylisis:

1.) The last winner of ANTM won a spread in VOGUE magazine wich is much more prestijuce than Sports Illustrated.
    I thought it was Elle!

I think Milay is right, its Elle they get the spread in. I do like how the judges watch the photo shoots. It gives them a clearer picture of the girls abilities.

Someone please help me out here

Ive never seen a sports illustrated swimsuit magazine fully, but i dont get why the judges are complaining about there models looking pin up, isnt that what SI is looking for ... (thats why i think Jenna or Krisi will win)

Lets not jump the gun with this show, the winner of this show might not be launched into super stardom and might probably be in the same boat as yoanna and eva. So i guess we will have to watch and wait for that.

As for making an entertaining show, i would give that to ANTM, the models on SI seem so ditzy and bubbly and very annoying whereas ANTM have a mix of personalitys

Not to a male it isn't
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Newbie

Sports Illustrated Is the Real Deal, IMO

I completely agree with Anya123. I only watched ANTM's cycle 2. After that, I vowed never to watch it again, because I couldn't take the show seriously considering the choices they made. I did see about two episodes of this season's though. I think that they do stand a chance of success this time with Eva, but I still doubt it. Eva looks commercial to me ... not that commercial is a bad thing or not good enough for making money at least.

I disagree with Bhandson2004 on the following points:
    1. As others said, it wasn't Vogue; it was Elle magazine. And the spreads so far doesn't seem to have generated much for the winners. Also, SI doesnít make more promises than it can fulfill.
    2. No, when you are starting as a model, you don't take any work that you can get. You still have to be selective if you want to go far, especially to the next top model position. Yes, you should be more open to taking various offers, but it is still a big gamble to take just any [modeling] job that comes your way. Normally, the agencies that manage the models do the selections themselves. However, the other difference here is that Tyra's show title promises to elevate the models to that level. I mean, if they're going to start from scratch like any other model, then why bother with the show?
    4. Next Modeling Management is also a big name agency. It's amongst the top ten, and they do get you jobs just as much as Ford does. I think they're tied with Ford in ranking.

FORT Fogey
    The prize here is actually a lot better - a spread in Elle is nothing compared to being in the SI swimsuit edition.

Anya | Kata | Aimee so into you's Avatar
    Sure, sports illustrated, but that's just - bikinis...and more bikinis. I know I'm looking at a differnt perspective, but that heck, they're always 1 million contract prizes. IMO, I'm dead addicted to ANTM, even though seriously angry for outing Nicole so early. ANTM is more wide - it's bikini - AND - high fashion.
    beauty is only skin deep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast