+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Model Search VS America's Next Top Model

  1. #11
    Nik.Nicole.Bre.Lisa bhanson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Milay
    I thought it was Elle!
    .....Thats what I meant.....

    Quote Originally Posted by so into you
    Sure, sports illustrated, but that's just - bikinis...and more bikinis. I know I'm looking at a differnt perspective, but that heck, they're always 1 million contract prizes. IMO, I'm dead addicted to ANTM, even though seriously angry for outing Nicole so early. ANTM is more wide - it's bikini - AND - high fashion.
    . SI is just one branch of modeling- Bikini modeling, wich IMO is much more tasteless than other branches. ANTM does some Swimsuit as well as other types of Modeling.

    Do you guys think the girls on ANTM3 were better looking than the SI girls?
    Last edited by bhanson2004; 01-17-2005 at 05:31 PM.

  2. #12
    u wish u could b me
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    25
    Posts
    53
    I think both shows had girls who could do High fashion; as well as those who were just "pretty"

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey Salome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,075
    I am a hardcore ANTM fan and didn't even bother to watch this show. (If The New York Times has an unfavorable opinion, I'll usually only go against it if another source convinces me otherwise.) I mean, the SI scope is so limiting. Are they really going to have episode after episode of just bikinis? Fashion is far more multifaceted and interesting, even if ANTM gave us a skewed version.

    Let me also mention that the success of a show is only loosely related to the size of the prize package or future success of its contestants. I was aware of the reality (ANTM is not likely to produce another Kate) from season one, and I'm still watching, because it's a quirky, funny show with a diverse group of girls that actually give you reason to tune in, and cheer for, and discuss and defend, and cry when they're eliminated, and follow their future careers, you know?

  4. #14
    FORT Regular Jcat80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    61
    antm is a great show, the challenges are really interesting and sometimes border on the ridiculous, which is why I watch. I have a love hate relationships with the judges, but that too is a major reason to watch. Not to mention the models who are picked for their unique looks and their insanity...love it.

    As for SI, what a colosal waste of airtime. The challenges are lame, the contestants are forgetable and lack diversity, and the judges are boring to watch, I don't happen to think they are more or less qualified to judge, but the way they come to their conclusions are tired and uninspiring. I will not watch this show on purpose again. Roshumba...if you're gonna steal other people's ideas, at least do it better....that goes for you too Branson.

  5. #15
    u wish u could b me
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    25
    Posts
    53
    Based on the show- so far How does it compare with photo location to ANTM?

  6. #16
    Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,396
    I like both shows.....but ANTM was more of a high profile glamour modelling show. This one is just modelling in bikinis.

  7. #17
    FORT Regular Krispy Kreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    63

    I concur...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcat80
    antm is a great show, the challenges are really interesting and sometimes border on the ridiculous, which is why I watch. I have a love hate relationships with the judges, but that too is a major reason to watch. Not to mention the models who are picked for their unique looks and their insanity...love it.

    As for SI, what a colosal waste of airtime. The challenges are lame, the contestants are forgetable and lack diversity, and the judges are boring to watch, I don't happen to think they are more or less qualified to judge, but the way they come to their conclusions are tired and uninspiring. I will not watch this show on purpose again. Roshumba...if you're gonna steal other people's ideas, at least do it better....that goes for you too Branson.
    I have to agree with Salome and Jcat - this program is a colossal waste of time...I watched the first 10 minutes of the first episode, laughed, and turned the channel to a series of Three's Company reruns.

    Someone above also mentioned that the 1 million contract is kind of sketchy -- YOU ARE CORRECT The contract will read that the contestant is not GIVEN 1 mil per se, rather, they are given OPPORTUNITIES that will amount to 1 mil IF they ending up booking the job!! The key word there is 1 million dollar CONTRACT .... bingo!

    I also cannot STAND the phrase, "We're dropping you." Uh, it is soooo "You're outta here" as compared to "Your'e fired".... :rolleyes

    And Roshumba - ugh, what did she do again besides divorce Gary Dourdain (the actor) -- she is her own biggest fan...I've met her...

    In the mainstream scheme of things - getting a spread in SI IS bigger than getting a spread in Elle...but if high fashion is where you want to spread your wings - yes, Elle is a coup. Swimsuit/lingerie is going to appear the bigger gig #1 b/c that issue, in partic, is HUGE and #2 b/c not only women/certain men in the fashion industry are going to know/care who you are...depends on your focus...and what you CAN do and be successful at...if you have 36DD saline/silicone implants - you are NOT DOING HIGH FASHION.

  8. #18
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Krispy Kreme
    Someone above also mentioned that the 1 million contract is kind of sketchy -- YOU ARE CORRECT The contract will read that the contestant is not GIVEN 1 mil per se, rather, they are given OPPORTUNITIES that will amount to 1 mil IF they ending up booking the job!! The key word there is 1 million dollar CONTRACT .... bingo!
    But isn't that the same with ANTM? The difference being that ANTM only gets a $100,000 contract while SI gets a $1,000,000 contract?

  9. #19
    FORT Regular Krispy Kreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by TvFan05
    But isn't that the same with ANTM? The difference being that ANTM only gets a $100,000 contract while SI gets a $1,000,000 contract?
    ANY model search/contest that offers up as a prize a contract with a modeling agency means just that: "go-sees" or auditions that will roughly add up to the amount - it's the new models job to book the gigs. Whether it be ANTM or the Si show or the Elite Look of the Year contest.

    On the other hand, if the prize money is in conjunction with a company (is ANTM 250,000 contract prize actually with "Cover Girl cosmetics" or with a named modeling agency??), then she will get that money - provided that she actually completes the amount of work that they have in store for her (photo shoots, appearances and the like...)....it may span over a series of years though! Funny, $250,000 over the span of five years doesn't add up to all that much!

  10. #20
    Best game ever... ping007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcat80
    antm is a great show, the challenges are really interesting and sometimes border on the ridiculous, which is why I watch. I have a love hate relationships with the judges, but that too is a major reason to watch. Not to mention the models who are picked for their unique looks and their insanity...love it.

    As for SI, what a colosal waste of airtime. The challenges are lame, the contestants are forgetable and lack diversity, and the judges are boring to watch, I don't happen to think they are more or less qualified to judge, but the way they come to their conclusions are tired and uninspiring. I will not watch this show on purpose again. Roshumba...if you're gonna steal other people's ideas, at least do it better....that goes for you too Branson.
    although I will continue to watch this show cause I'm a reality junkie. IMO, ANTM is so much better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.