+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Scrapbook
    I don't think THIS far in the game they should be pointing out these "flaws" in the women (cellulite, too boring, can't pose). I think that shows they didn't pick the best 12 that they could have.
    Since I had never seen sports illustrated before, I wasn't certain what they were expecting of their models. I went onto their website of past models to find out. Some of their models have stunning photos. Others are icky looking: too skinny, not shapely enough, not a very pretty face. With that in mind, I guess it's not that surprising that there are girls of all different shapes and sizes present in the competition. Maybe there is no naturally perfect or beautiful model; just ones that need less work than others, or ones who are better at covering up their flaws. I think the best looking girls out of the bunch are Shannon, Stella, Krisi, Alicia, and Jenna. The other ones left are too flawed: they don't have shapely bodies and/or attractive faces. But in the end, how attractive one is doesn't always factor into how popular of a model she will be: I see so many models that are truly unpleasant to look at.

Couture Connoisseur
    I think some elements of this show could make it better than ANTM, but ANTM is still more enjoyable to watch for the viewer. If you don't have any inside knowledge, Tyra and the judges don't make it plainly ovbious who they're dropping, whereas in SI, you know right away who's making the cut. All they do is compliment the girls that they're dropping, accompanied by a pathetic reason for dropping them. While the girls they keep, they give them crtiques for future improvement.

I didn't even know Kristi had fake boobs? i must have missed that part when i went to fix a sandwhich. it hasn't hindered my opinion of her (much). I'm a gay man, haha so i'm deffinately watching this for the talent, not the boobs.

Anyone else think that the 12 that they chose are a little lacking? I mean if THOUSANDS of girls applied for it I would figure that the final 12 would all be almost perfect and would/could/should have a layout in SI on their own merit. I don't think THIS far in the game they should be pointing out these "flaws" in the women (cellulite, too boring, can't pose). I think that shows they didn't pick the best 12 that they could have.
    that's what my mom said

who knows where they find these people

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear
    People keep tallking about Duran Duran. I think I've heard of the name - but I would never recognize their music. What's the big deal with them?

Deep Breath Mary Beth. Deep Breath..

There. Okay. I'm officially old.

And just so I don't totally hijack....I will admit to setting the Tivo for this (which usually causes my husband to roll his eyes, but this show mysteriously didn't bother him!)

I'm not bothering to see this show again. I actually think it's a bit lame, not to mention sickening (the scene with the meal and the cake). Also, I don't think any of the girls are very attractive (though the TV I was watching it on was spazzing up). I did find it a little funny how during the fitness contest, all of the girls did pushups on their knees.
    Gustav Holst was right!

FORT Newbie
    I'm all for Krisi's fake boobs. If it makes her happier, then god bless the girl. Aren't fake boobs really just like anything prosthetic? I mean, we all go to the dentsit so we can be more attractive to other humans. We're all a vain, and watching this show is certainly not beneathe me. How many of the other girls have fake boobs?

FORT Newbie

Krisi's Boobs

Krisi's boobs are out of proportion to the rest of her body. That's the problem with them, IMHO.

Also, I don't about all of you guys, but when I was in college lo these many years ago, the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue was a very big deal. It made anonymous, usually foreign models into one-name superstars. Like Elle. Admittedly I haven't kept up with the magazine, but I still think this is a very serious opportunity for the girls. What does the ANTM winner get?

FORT Newbie

True to some extent

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Scrapbook
    Anyone else think that the 12 that they chose are a little lacking? I mean if THOUSANDS of girls applied for it I would figure that the final 12 would all be almost perfect and would/could/should have a layout in SI on their own merit. I don't think THIS far in the game they should be pointing out these "flaws" in the women (cellulite, too boring, can't pose). I think that shows they didn't pick the best 12 that they could have.
    I feel that they are going about this in the wrong way. I agree with you that the 12 girls should be 'what they were looking for' and 'almost perfect'. There is no need to show these 'flaws' since they were handpicked. I just think they are trying to FORCE a show on us. These girls are fine. There are about half of them that really have what it takes, the other half, I really don't understand what they are doing there. Unless the 'judges' already know who they want.....think about it. Why would they put girls that really NEED TO BE ELIMINATED...???

All these girls are VERY DIFFERENT. All beautiful 'in their own way'. But I have to say that many of them shouldn't be there. Why CRITICIZE if YOU PICKED THEM ALREADY. The show would have been more believable if we, as viewers, could have seen them throughout all the different 'competitions' including shoots and 'living together' to get to know their personalities. In that way, it would have been fair. You can see them in their bad moments and in their good moments. You would have a chance to REALLY EVALUATE THEM IN ALL ASPECTS. I don't think the judges are fair because they haven't had the time to really see them in action.

I think the show is a huge marketing strategy for the upcoming anniversary issue. The show should have lasted a lot longer than 6 episodes and the girls should not have been cut soooo soon. How sad, the first evaluation of the show....was cut!!!!!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    I don't know them well enough right now to say one way or another, but I think the girl who won the Supermodel thing should have been given another chance over another weaker one kept.
    Just my opinion.
    An opinion I agree with...

Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    I don't think any of the girls are very attractive (though the TV I was watching it on was spazzing up).
    haejin, it's definitely your TV. Some of those girls are absolutely gorgeous.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast