+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/05 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I liked this. (Missed the boots, though, I was taping it and my little one decided to turn off the cable box while no one was looking. ) My personal favourites were Alicia (love her hair), Krisi (adorable), and Adaora (the most beautiful face of all of them, IMO). Stella is OK too. But I agree with William, Cheryl Tiegs still outshines them all, she is just jaw-dropping gorgeous.

I also highly approve of the judges - I love that they have people who actually have something directly to do with SI and the swimsuit issue, and not just random celebrities.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by baby_wipes
    I was really impressed by the show today.. It definitely exceeded my expectations, well until the eliminations that was. I thought that was stupid and that the reasons they gave weren't all that great..

But I liked how the judges watched them at the shoot, and how they all (well just about) knew how to walk the runway and were decent at it, all unlike ANTM in which the judges only see the final photos and don't know anything that happened at the shoot, and a lott of the girls on ANTM can't walk, even by the end. (sorry, major run-on sentence) Anyways my point is I thought that ANTM couldn't be touched but this potentially could be just as good/better.
    I completely agree. I think it was great that the judges went with the girls to the shoot and observed the whole process - not just the "best photo" at the end.

I was also disappointed that Nancy was dropped. To me, her and Alicia were very similar looking and if you had to get rid of one of them I would have definitely dropped Alicia over Nancy.

Overall, I think this show is pretty good - I will watch. I think it is a little weak that they have America choose the winner, but at least that isnt until there are only two left - it would be really bad if America could vote each week - what do we know about the best swimsuit model!?!?
    Live Love Laugh

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    I'll be your humble recapper for this show. It will be done and delivered tomorrow. Come on, how can you watch Lost over ladies in bikinis? .
    Have you watched Alias? It started out with Jennifer Garner in lingerie. I dont think i missed anything!

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan
    The best part was the Duran Duran music playing in the background
    Love ya Eva! I was hoping that you were watching as well so I wouldn't be the only one mentioning this Best blatant plugging of a band that I'm into from beginning to end of the show, this one gets a from me

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I don't really like the judges except for Roshumba, who seems to be fair, and Jule Campbell who is ok. I think they should have had all the judges be ex- sports illustrated models. Would have been interesting. Why not have someone like Paulina Porizkova and Elle Mcpherson join Roshumba .
    Last edited by Reality tv fan; 01-06-2005 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Love ya Eva! I was hoping that you were watching as well so I wouldn't be the only one mentioning this Best blatant plugging of a band that I'm into from beginning to end of the show, this one gets a from me
    People keep tallking about Duran Duran. I think I've heard of the name - but I would never recognize their music. What's the big deal with them?

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybear
    People keep tallking about Duran Duran. I think I've heard of the name - but I would never recognize their music. What's the big deal with them?

They're a great 80's British band....luv 'em as well

I'm done with this show, after only one episode. I mean, I loved looking at fabulous bikini babes on SI. But to watch a show in which girls only do some posing and walking, men with ambiguous sexuality and ambiguous accents, and some over-the-hill has-been models criticise your face, your hair, your butt, your everything, it's just not my cup of tea. Just too gay and feminine. Not that there is anything wrong with it..
    Snark with the best
    Die like the rest

FORT Newbie

Could have been better....

I liked the presentation of the show, the music, the sights and sounds....but in general, it doesn't give you a chance to get a feel for what is happening or what is going to happen.

4 girls eliminated???!!! too many too soon....next week two more???? What's up. Why don't they just tell us who the winner is....forget about the voting....jeez

And why are we voting online now??? Dont' understand....can anyone explain.

I can't believe everyone is rooting for Krisi....the barbie girl!!! she is literally UNREAL!!!.

I like Shannon, even if she only poses, and I do think Stella is hot, no matter what that "guy" says. Have u seen those pics??? WOW!! Alicia doesn't deserve to be a SI girls, with her attitude, even that 'guy' likes her....

I'm going to watch ONE more show.....

FORT Regular
    Anyone else think that the 12 that they chose are a little lacking? I mean if THOUSANDS of girls applied for it I would figure that the final 12 would all be almost perfect and would/could/should have a layout in SI on their own merit. I don't think THIS far in the game they should be pointing out these "flaws" in the women (cellulite, too boring, can't pose). I think that shows they didn't pick the best 12 that they could have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast