+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joel Wilkenfeld, Judge

Joel Wilkenfeld, Judge

[IMG]images/img/joel_wilkenfeld.jpg[/IMG]

President, Next Model Management
    Joel Wilkenfeld entered the industry as a manager for a variety of fashion photographers before making the transition to model management and becoming the co-president and owner of NEXT Model Management. With corporate headquarters in New York City and Paris, NEXT is the world’s leading modeling company.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    He annoys me....he was the worst in critizing the models bodies....something about him gives me the creeps :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    He annoys me....he was the worst in critizing the models bodies....something about him gives me the creeps :phhht

I can see why he might be annoying, but at least he's being honest... he knows what his clients want and he's trying to provide that. The winner of this is receiving $1 million and a modeling contract with NEXT, so I don't really feel sorry for them. I completely agree with Joel when he said all supermodels have a "toughness". If you don't have it, then you're simply not fit to be a supermodel.

He still gives me the creeps.....

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    He still gives me the creeps.....
    Yeh, i hear ya.

I guess they needed someone to fill the Simon guy from American Idol's shoes...

yup, exactly.

FORT Newbie
    I totally agree...he's the Simon wannabee...but he is footing the bill...so he gets his two cents in, literally.

I think he is too harsh and I feel sorry that these babes need to go through this. They barely have time to prepare and have no idea as to what they are looking for. I guarantee that former SI girls were preped and instructed. Even that Campbell lady said so in a interview I say on Fox News. She said that they 'prepare' the girls for their shoots. She also said that the girls, or the finished product you see, takes time to polish. These poor girls have to put up with the Nikko guy and the simon wannabee to try for a chance...!!! What's cool about that?

Then they get little exposure time by getting eliminated right off the bat!!!

FORT Newbie

Nebbish!

This guy was the little nebbishy non-athlete in high school who never got a prom date and now he wants to punish all women for the fact that he's eternally insecure about his manhood. Head of a modelling agency indeed! Talk about a self-selecting profession.

I hope we get to see his love-handles in an upcoming episode.

FORT Newbie
    in reguards to joel i can only think of is fear and loathing, specifically the*Samuel Johnson quote; "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." joel, like simon before him, is the beast of our time. after political correctness has run amok through the '90s we're finally upon a time where people willingly subject themselves to public criticism that some would describe as overly harsh, if not simply mean spirited. but joel, and the proto-joel simon, are what the public consciousness needs. stop singing, you suck, put on a shirt, what's the deal with all that excess flab? these are questions that america needs to ask itself. thank God we have two such beasts to pave the way.
    Last edited by hepcat; 01-07-2005 at 09:34 PM. Reason: not PG-13

FORT Newbie
    Well, "that pit" is actually a cavernous engine driving great accomplishments, such as owning a modeling company and appearing on a tv show. The guy is a beast, and his mark is the Next logo. Who would've figured there was a copyright on the Mark of the Beast. Newsflash: It's okay to be bad sometimes. America needs to lose some weight...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast