+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Shannon

FORT Fogey
    I do find Shannon attractive in a very "The Bachelor" contestant way, but her modeling career is very very limited. How long can she model swimsuits?!! She will never get high fashion editorial work. She's just so..... common.

Her overly confident attitude was something she kept hidden throughout the competition which basically means she's a phony. I seriously doubt that she's even a virgin, and that she probably just thought it would give her a unique sexiness.

They cut to a shot of her after Alicia's victory and it seriously looked like she just ate doogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah
    I do find Shannon attractive in a very "The Bachelor" contestant way, but her modeling career is very very limited. How long can she model swimsuits?!! She will never get high fashion editorial work. She's just so..... common.

Her overly confident attitude was something she kept hidden throughout the competition which basically means she's a phony. I seriously doubt that she's even a virgin, and that she probably just thought it would give her a unique sexiness.

They cut to a shot of her after Alicia's victory and it seriously looked like she just ate doogie.
    A-Men Pharoah! I feel exactly the same way.. Yes, Shannon is a great looking girl, but not so much more than I could see at a club on a Friday night. Girls like her are twelve for 10 cents. Plus, she looks much much older than she really is. Seeing her up close she looks like she is about 34.. with her sun-damaged skin.

I also feel like she is totally phony.. She acts like the "sweet and innocent" christian girl - but totally acts differently. There was no doubt in HER mind that she had won... woops! How does that sh*t sandwhich taste Shannon?

Oh and finally.. her fiancee looks like a big dork.
    I lost 155 pounds in 3 weeks, and I'm ecstatic .. Ride the Snake!

FORT Newbie

Wow

All I can say is that if you knew Shannon and her fiance, you wouldn't say these things. Like I said before, reality TV leaves you to assume things. . .so I understand. But, seriously, I can't believe you are saying such horrible things. If only you could get to know Shannon and find out how she really is. She's so gracious and sweet. She is the most caring person I have ever met. What if people were saying these things about your best friend?? It's okay, but I just wish everyone would be nice!! Anyways, thanks for watching the show. GO SHANNON!!!

That's where we differ. we don't know Shannon. We don't care to know Shannon. We see her TV persona, and make snap judgments about that behavior. It's what we "do". We don't pretend to be nice, there's no reason for us to.

It's all covered in our rules, which you agreed to when you signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by MollySR99
    All I can say is that if you knew Shannon and her fiance, you wouldn't say these things. Like I said before, reality TV leaves you to assume things. . .so I understand. But, seriously, I can't believe you are saying such horrible things. If only you could get to know Shannon and find out how she really is. She's so gracious and sweet. She is the most caring person I have ever met. What if people were saying these things about your best friend?? It's okay, but I just wish everyone would be nice!! Anyways, thanks for watching the show. GO SHANNON!!!
    She seemed to be a nice sincere girl to me Molly. Don't worry, Shannon had a lot of fans! I'm glad to hear she is signed up with Next. She is so gorgeous and talented.

Sad

Quote Originally Posted by John
    That's where we differ. we don't know Shannon. We don't care to know Shannon. We see her TV persona, and make snap judgments about that behavior. It's what we "do". We don't pretend to be nice, there's no reason for us to.

It's all covered in our rules, which you agreed to when you signed up.

My goodness. In that last episode, you saw exactly what the editors wanted you to see. Yeah, I know: "We also realize the shows are heavily edited." But it doesn't sound like we actually do realize it. Joel gave us a line about Shannon looking old, and suddenly that comment started appearing on FORT posts. Then they made her seem overconfident in the last episode - and despite the evidence from every one of the first five episodes, and the fact that 7 of the other 10 models preferred Shannon, people believed it. There's "just being entertained" and then there's "being led down the garden path." That whole last episode was a hack job designed to make the audience believe . . . well, exactly the BS it appears they believed.

Having watched the whole series, it was easy for me to see two things. First, Joel hated Shannon for some unknown reason (I have a couple of unflattering guesses). Second, Shannon is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. But it appears that most of us couldn't see that - or perhaps didn't want to see that.

Someone should encapsulate all these messages along with video of the series and put together a class showing how easy it is to dupe people; even with a half-rate propaganda campaign that completely reverses all previous impressions it's easy. Really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike84
    My goodness. In that last episode, you saw exactly what the editors wanted you to see. Yeah, I know: "We also realize the shows are heavily edited." But it doesn't sound like we actually do realize it. Joel gave us a line about Shannon looking old, and suddenly that comment started appearing on FORT posts. Then they made her seem overconfident in the last episode - and despite the evidence from every one of the first five episodes, and the fact that 7 of the other 10 models preferred Shannon, people believed it. There's "just being entertained" and then there's "being led down the garden path." That whole last episode was a hack job designed to make the audience believe . . . well, exactly the BS it appears they believed.

Having watched the whole series, it was easy for me to see two things. First, Joel hated Shannon for some unknown reason (I have a couple of unflattering guesses). Second, Shannon is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. But it appears that most of us couldn't see that - or perhaps didn't want to see that.

Someone should encapsulate all these messages along with video of the series and put together a class showing how easy it is to dupe people; even with a half-rate propaganda campaign that completely reverses all previous impressions it's easy. Really sad.

[QUOTE=Mike84]My goodness. In that last episode, you saw exactly what the editors wanted you to see. Yeah, I know: "We also realize the shows are heavily edited." But it doesn't sound like we actually do realize it. Joel gave us a line about Shannon looking old, and suddenly that comment started appearing on FORT posts. Actually, people commented that she looked older than her age before the show even started (when the pictures were up but the show hadn't aired).

Then they made her seem overconfident in the last episode - and despite the evidence from every one of the first five episodes, and the fact that 7 of the other 10 models preferred Shannon, people believed it. I think that the girls preferring Shannon and Shannon's confidence aren't related to each other. The girls didn't like Alicia not because she was overconfident, but because she was difficult and didn't make any effort to befriend any of the others. Shannon is naturally more friendly and got along with the others (except at the end with Stacy and that was more due to Stacey's jealousy). I saw glimpses of Shannon's overconfidence during the episode when it was down to Stacy, Jenna, Alicia and Shannon. Shannon was really sure that Jenna and her were definitely going to be choosen and she was visibly shocked when it was down to her and Jenna. I think Shannon sees beauty in the more conventional/mainstream way and really didn't see Alicia as posing much of a threat. I do think Shannon is a genuinely friendly and gracious person, but I think it rubbed people the wrong way when it seemed like she didn't consider Alicia real competition because she wasn't a C cup.

Second, Shannon is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. But it appears that most of us couldn't see that - or perhaps didn't want to see that. I definitely agree. I liked Alicia but don't see think any less of Shannon.

[QUOTE=mahilla]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike84
    My goodness. In that last episode, you saw exactly what the editors wanted you to see. Yeah, I know: "We also realize the shows are heavily edited." But it doesn't sound like we actually do realize it. Joel gave us a line about Shannon looking old, and suddenly that comment started appearing on FORT posts. Actually, people commented that she looked older than her age before the show even started (when the pictures were up but the show hadn't aired).

Then they made her seem overconfident in the last episode - and despite the evidence from every one of the first five episodes, and the fact that 7 of the other 10 models preferred Shannon, people believed it. I think that the girls preferring Shannon and Shannon's confidence aren't related to each other. The girls didn't like Alicia not because she was overconfident, but because she was difficult and didn't make any effort to befriend any of the others. Shannon is naturally more friendly and got along with the others (except at the end with Stacy and that was more due to Stacey's jealousy). I saw glimpses of Shannon's overconfidence during the episode when it was down to Stacy, Jenna, Alicia and Shannon. Shannon was really sure that Jenna and her were definitely going to be choosen and she was visibly shocked when it was down to her and Jenna. I think Shannon sees beauty in the more conventional/mainstream way and really didn't see Alicia as posing much of a threat. I do think Shannon is a genuinely friendly and gracious person, but I think it rubbed people the wrong way when it seemed like she didn't consider Alicia real competition because she wasn't a C cup.

Second, Shannon is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. But it appears that most of us couldn't see that - or perhaps didn't want to see that. I definitely agree. I liked Alicia but don't see think any less of Shannon.
    The last part I agree with. I mean there were times she looks a little overconfidence but that doesn't mean I think any less of her. I still hope to see her somewhere. I see her a beautiful girl and seems to be down to earth and friendly
    SmiLeyGuRL

I didn't like Shannon's behavior in the last episode especially the way she bragged about "There's a lot of me in the picture" very Wendy (Project Runway) like!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast