+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBC announces "The Sports Illustrated Fresh Faces Competition"

NBC announces "The Sports Illustrated Fresh Faces Competition"

NBC PARTNERS WITH SPORTS ILLUSTRATED IN SEARCH FOR NEXT SWIMSUIT SUPERMODEL WITH ITS NEW UNSCRIPTED SERIES 'THE SPORTS ILLUSTRATED FRESH FACES COMPETITION'

BURBANK, Calif. -- August 2, 2004 -- NBC joins partner Sports Illustrated to launch a nation-wide search for the next great swimsuit supermodel with its new unscripted series "The Sports Illustrated Fresh Faces Competition," set to premiere early in 2005 -- timed for the launch of the magazine's famed annual Swimsuit Issue.

"The success of the SI Swimsuit Issue has always been in the combination of beauty, athleticism and personality of the models we choose," said Sports Illustrated Managing Editor Terry McDonell. "Those are exactly the things we'll be looking for in our next Fresh Faces winner."

"The competition was such a huge success for Sports Illustrated last year, and so many amazing stories came from the aspiring models, we knew instantly that it would make a great reality show," said co-producer Jonathan Frank. "Our goal every step of the way was to make a show that would focus on the young women's personalities and stories, and really illustrate how the chance to be in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue could change their entire lives."

During Sports Illustrated's search for an undiscovered model for the popular Swimsuit Issue, the six-episode series will focus on what it takes to become the a successful swimsuit model. Selected finalists will live in Los Angeles where they will compete for the chance to appear in the best selling issues of any magazine in the world and win a million-dollar modeling contract from NEXT Model Management.

The series and competition culminate with the final two contestants who will be flown to an exotic location to shoot a photo spread for Sports Illustrated. No one will know who the winner will be until America votes as part of the series finale in February.

Upcoming casting call cities include such cities as New York, Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles (for dates, times and locations please log onto NBC.com). Interested applicants can also download an application form from the website with instruction on how to try out.

"The Sports Illustrated Fresh Faces Competition" is produced by Pariah, PB & J Television and Sports Illustrated. Executive producers are Gavin Polone, Patty Ivins, Julie Pizzi, Terry McDonell and Sports Illustrated's Roy S. Johnson. Jessika Borsiczky serves as producer along with co-producer Frank for Pariah.

Ed8
    FORT Newbie

SI Fresh Faces

I'm looking forward to the NBC Fresh Faces reality show. Last Year it was an online web contest and I voted for the winner, Michelle Lombardo. This could be as good as SI's show where they film the shooting for the Swimsuit Issue!

This would've been great about 10 years ago. The SI swimsuit issue has been pushed aside by the millions of Maxims/Stuff/FHM issues that have flooded the market.

Oh well .. I guess its better than making CSI: Maui .. or another Dateline program.

FORT Fanatic
    Sara, Sara where art thou? Judging by the other girls photos Sara would win hands down. Unfortunately TyTy probably has her in some binding 3-year contract that forbids her from appearing on another reality show.

When I saw these ads, my first thought was "NBC's answer to America's Next Top Model." I'm curious how good this show will be, though, since the production quality will probably be high considering it's NBC.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Keylolo
    Sara, Sara where art thou? Judging by the other girls photos Sara would win hands down. Unfortunately TyTy probably has her in some binding 3-year contract that forbids her from appearing on another reality show.
    I was wondering the same thing. Poor Sara; her dream job, and she's nowhere to be seen.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

FORT Newbie
    I've been seeing the tv advertising for this show; we get to see one of the contestants shed a tear and wipe it away.

Don't the networks love this? Oh look, one of our reality show contestants has been eliminated and is crying his/her heart out! Focus in for a good tight shot; we have to be sure to air this!

It's an exploitation of cheap easy emotions.....of course this will never be known as the golden age of network television dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Keylolo
    U hit the nail on the head man! She'll probably win looking at some of the contestants *coughs*betty*coughs* And I haven't heard of NEXT Model Management so it's probably much lousier then ANTM where they have IMG and Ford (not Fort ). But since there's no ANTM this few weeks and this show looks promising, I don't mind watching!

FORT Newbie
    I wonder how the competition will work? It seems like there would only be one episode. They'd take pictures of the girls in swimsuits, and the best one would win. :phhht

I hope they give the models lots of different photoshoots to do, like on ANTM. I'd love to see them pair up the swimsuit models for a hot girl-girl shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    When I saw these ads, my first thought was "NBC's answer to America's Next Top Model." I'm curious how good this show will be, though, since the production quality will probably be high considering it's NBC.
    My thoughts exactly, only it would be "America's Next Top Model...with breasts!" I'll watch the first episode, just to see how "compelling" it will be.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast