+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4/07 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Who is John Galt?

Re: 4/07 Season Finale Show Discussion **Spoilers**

TERRIBLE! HORRIFYING! AWFUL! I can't say it enough - WTF! Why on earth would a show about "hair styling" pick as the winner someone who did not style hair, but instead put colored hair swatches under plastic scotch tape shaped hats. When I was young, I was a hair model. You cannot imagine the styles and colors my hair was subjected to over a short period. This was the 60's and it was the mod look. I am having a case of deja vu after watching this show because we are back there again. The look Brig created may be new to this generation, but I wouldn't say it has "never been done before", we are just calling it by a different name. I agree with Antin, Matthew was the best and his styles were dramatic and interesting (except for the skull cap forehead ones). Janine's fuzzy hair look was okay and was consistent, but not very attractive to me. I think the end results should have been #1 Matthew, #2 Janine, and #3 Brig.

All of the above being said, I did NOT like Janine's obvious jealousy/dislike/mean girl harping on Brig. It made Janine look like a small person in more ways than just her stature. For that alone, I am glad Brig won. But, not because she deserved it as a stylist.

Based on what the contest was about ~ doing hair & doing it well ~ Brig should not have won. Honestly, I don't even know if she should have been in the top 3. I don't care how mean Janine or Matthew were, that is not a good reason to give the win to Brig. Not sure what "logic" the judges used when they gave the win to her.

Oh well. Crappy end to a crappy season. I'll be surprised if this show comes back after this atrocious season. Everything about it was lame.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;3876233;
    Based on what the contest was about ~ doing hair & doing it well ~ Brig should not have won. Honestly, I don't even know if she should have been in the top 3. I don't care how mean Janine or Matthew were, that is not a good reason to give the win to Brig. Not sure what "logic" the judges used when they gave the win to her.

Oh well. Crappy end to a crappy season. I'll be surprised if this show comes back after this atrocious season. Everything about it was lame.
    Agree will all you said. I know I won't watch it again. If they are going this route - super edgy rather than stylish, I'm crossing them off my list of watchable reality shows.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3876257;
    Agree will all you said. I know I won't watch it again. If they are going this route - super edgy rather than stylish, I'm crossing them off my list of watchable reality shows.
    I can see why you are ticked. IMO, Matt and janine are indeed `stylish' with little seperating them from every other `stylish' haridresser out there-Brig began winning more at the end because she knew how to brand herself while Mathew and Janine stumbled badly, doing nothing at all to make themselves stand out from again, any other stylish hairdresser out there.That was especially evident during the branding challenge.
    People may not like Brigs style but that doesn't mean she lacks talent(afterall, she runs a successful salon which caters to a wide range of clientle including average veryday people who just want a stylish cut). It means she has her own way of doing things which hit or miss speaks to creativity and the ability to bring something new to the table, even if it's not traditional, even if it winds up a disaster-at least she's attempting to create something original. Taking chances rather than staying inside a comfortable box.The finale is a prime example- she KNEW her client and she knew it would have to be something waaaaay waaaaay out there -sometimes high fashion isn't suppossed to be pretty or wearable in the real world just like haute coutre. Janine did absolutley nothing new in the final challenge showing the exact same hairystyles she's done throughout the competition. I applaud mathews creativity- the zippers were brilliant and that mohawk was artistically breathtaking. But, he faltered badly with two of his models creating styles which were not cohesive having nothing to do with his other models looks.
    I think people are sick of jackasses winning these shows and even though they may not have warmed to Brigs style they at least appreciated and sympathisized with the fact she was bullied by two very very very unproffesional stylists whose egos far outshone their actual talent.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3877465;
    I think people are sick of jackasses winning these shows and even though they may not have warmed to Brigs style they at least appreciated and sympathisized with the fact she was bullied by two very very very unprofessional stylists whose egos far outshone their actual talent.

If only they could learn what jackasses they were by watching the show and change, but that is probably hoping for too much. I can imagine the outcome might have been different if they hadn't chosen to be such meanspirited bullies throughout the competition. But as it was, I am very glad Brig won.

brig's "hair" sucked.

I know this is pretty late, but I just ran across it.

I wonder if anyone got fired because of the horrific way the show went. Heads should have rolled; please pardon the pun.

I think it was truly insulting to the viewers. And if you think Brig was a good brander, I can't imagine any real person, who was not being paid allowing Brig to even touch their hair.

I would feel very comfortable with Matt styling my hair. He earned the win IMO.

I read somewhere that people were boycotting Nexius because of this. I doubt it will have too big of an impact on their sales though. Still, I wonder if they would consider sponsoring again with the backlash they received. The show was supposed to promote their products, not decrease sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3895466;
    I think it was truly insulting to the viewers. And if you think Brig was a good brander, I can't imagine any real person, who was not being paid allowing Brig to even touch their hair......

I read somewhere that people were boycotting Nexus because of this. I doubt it will have too big of an impact on their sales though. Still, I wonder if they would consider sponsoring again with the backlash they received. The show was supposed to promote their products, not decrease sales.
    I thought Brig did a great job branding herself, she unlike the other two told exactly what her point of view was and was easily identifiable within the styles. Also, every single high fashion hair magazine I've ever looked through featured hair like what she was doing. While I think she wasn't all that great, I do think she was the best one out of the three to win because the other two weren't getting it. This was a fashion show for a rocker type designer and the hair had to be out there, they both did non cohesive styles that brought nothing new or exciting to the table.

As far as the second part goes? I seriously doubt that enough people watched this season to make any sort of impact on Nexus or their sales. If they decide to not do next season it won't be because a barely noticeable boycott but because of how horrible this show has become.

For the record, I didn't like ANY of them this season and really could have cared less which one won but I think Brig was the best choice plus knowing the mean kids got stomped on made it sort of sweet in the end.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123