+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brig Van Osten - Shear Genius 3

Re: Brig Van Osten - Shear Genius 3

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3862887;
    That's how I feel about the wonder twins. Totally arrogant, snarky, immature behavior, like a couple of gossipy thriteen year old girls. Their arrogance and know it all attitude is just so grating. I really hope they get their come uppance But, that won't happen, Brig is the `villain', so she's doomed.
    I'm with you. I do think the wonder twins are talented, but they are also mean girls. Her description of them as the popular cheerleaders making fun of the less popular kids just for the fun of it really hit the nail on the head.

For some reason, I don't get up in arms over contestants being snarky/bitchy on Shear Genius like I do on other shows. I mean, stereotypes aside, these are hairdressers, not heart surgeons. I kind of expect a level of sass/cattyness from them.

But Brig bugs me for her inconsistency and her kookiness, which rubs me the wrong way, although most others find it endearing. She enjoys being on TV a little too much. While I usually don't like the mean girls on other reality shows, I prefer them on this one.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3863357;
    I'm with you. I do think the wonder twins are talented, but they are also mean girls. Her description of them as the popular cheerleaders making fun of the less popular kids just for the fun of it really hit the nail on the head.
    Yeah, Brig won the pre finale challenge! Ha! take that `wonder twins!' Could Janine have been any more blah in her `branding'? Sorry to see Jon go. But, the way the show has been edited I had a feeling the finale would be a showdown between Brig and the wonder twins.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3863707;
    For some reason, I don't get up in arms over contestants being snarky/bitchy on Shear Genius like I do on other shows. I mean, stereotypes aside, these are hairdressers, not heart surgeons. I kind of expect a level of sass/cattyness from them.

But Brig bugs me for her inconsistency and her kookiness, which rubs me the wrong way, although most others find it endearing. She enjoys being on TV a little too much. While I usually don't like the mean girls on other reality shows, I prefer them on this one.
    I prefer kookiness over cattiness by about a thousand percent. Kookiness doesn't hurt anyone on a personal level, but cruel remarks do hurt and it really hit home for me when the wonder twins were mocking Brig in the apartment, right in front of her, enjoying and reveling in the fact they were hurting another human being. I think their behavior goes past catty into cruel junior high behavior
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I would prefer to have kookiness or cattiness too, but just how much kookiness are we expected to swallow in a "professional"?

The clothes (can't bring myself to call it an "outfit") she was wearing at the beginning of the show last night was beyond hideous!

You could pick random articles of clothing off the clearance rack of a Goodwill store and put together something more attractive than that.

Unless I'm enrolling in clown college, she's not getting anywhere near my hair!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3867942;
    I would prefer to have kookiness or cattiness too, but just how much kookiness are we expected to swallow in a "professional"?

The clothes (can't bring myself to call it an "outfit") she was wearing at the beginning of the show last night was beyond hideous!

You could pick random articles of clothing off the clearance rack of a Goodwill store and put together something more attractive than that.

Her own picture last night was AWFUL! Ugh how can anyone taker her seriously as a professional when she looks like that?!

(and is just me or did Matthew look totally HOT in his picture? When he doesnt look like a lesbian truck driver he's pretty cute)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3867942;

She has no interest in appealing to mainstream clientle and she realizes her appearence sensds this message- her mission isn't to be mainstream but to appeal to those who have tastes which are quite different from your average client. Her look is intentional and I really don't see the flea market reference at all, she's clearly `branding herself' more effectively than any of the others. I like that she at least presents something more interesting and creative (good or bad) than the others. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3821957;
    Brig has been featured in Life & Style Magazine, and her work has been seen in Modern Salon, American Salon Magazine, and on the television series What Not to Wear.
    How come I never noticed this before? Classic! This about made my day.

Somebody posted that Brig is very good at branding herself while the others aren't. I have to disagree because I think Janine is very good at branding herself as the malcontent woman who dresses too young for her age and really should just grow up and get over it.

Oh wait, that almost fits Brig too but at least Brig isn't bullying the other contestants so while they are all extremely annoying, I really want to see Janine and Matthew fall on their faces which is why I'm pulling for Brig.

I thought Janine calling Brig "mean" was funny. Project much there Janine? It wasn't as bad before the wonder twins twinned up, but once it was two against one it gave them the courage to become meaner and meaner. What nasty little pieces of work those two are.

Sometimes, I wonder if Brig exemplifies that one off-beat in school that everyone always talks about in a not-so-nice way. We're all guilty of it. In this case, it's Janine and Matthew who are the ones who are caught in the act.

Whatever the reason, I still think the W.Twins (especially Janine) treat Brig in a disgusting manner. And with my hunch saying Janine will win the whole thing, it'll be very disappointing to see the duo win out in the end.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast