+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brig Van Osten - Shear Genius 3

FORT Newbie

Re: Brig Van Osten - Shear Genius 3

I was just watching a What Not To Wear episode tonight from 2005 called "Michaela" but didnt see the very beginning. At the end they had her "sister" and I thought OMG who is that....its Brig!! She looked totally normal! She had totally normal clothes on too and very light blonde hair. She said in the moments before final reveal of the makeover of Michaela something to the effect that she hoped that they got rid of all the flame clothes! I wonder if that's how she got to working on WNTW from her sister being on there?

Haven't seen WNTW in a long time, so I probably haven't seen the episode.

I do think, though, that people tend to go from 1 reality show to another. I have seen numerous people on reality shows who have been on prior reality shows.

On another note, I think Brig would look lovely without the goofy bow and the "technicolor" hair.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

In the episode that was on tonight she was one of the people that voted her sister on the show because she wore biker clothes with flames on everything and leather. How ironic because now she's the one that needs to be on it :p. I agree with the bow and that hair color and I dont like the goofy clothes. You'd never know she was the same person if you saw her tonight on WNTW. I tried to find a link to a video of it but so far no luck. I checked TLC's site and don't see it listed to air again. Figures

FORT Fogey

She is just a reality show hopper. I bet a lot of her look was derived to get on the show. I wonder if she even dresses like that in everyday life.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3857690;
    She is just a reality show hopper. I bet a lot of her look was derived to get on the show. I wonder if she even dresses like that in everyday life.
    Yeah she probably doesnt dress like that normally. I often wondered how late they record the little interview type snippet deals when the participant talks in between. I think they are recorded well after the show as ended because I saw when Amy was on that she looked awfully teary eyed all throughout her snippets and I said I bet she gets booted off this time and sure enough she did.

I also notice alot of wardrobe changes/hairstyle changes within one show of their interviews not only on that show but ANTM, Housewives OC etc. There seems to be no continuity.

Also has anyone noticed the opening theme is almost the same as Top Chef?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

This is an act. Her salon is in Simi Valley - a suburb of Los Angeles - not a trendy, edgy place. It's the place where the cops that beat up Rodney King were acquitted and it started the L.A. Riots.

I'm sure she did this to get on the show. She looks ridiculous! Who in their right mind would let someone who looks like that near their hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3841226;
    She appears to be crazy, but she's got a very successful salon. Comments from real customers on Yelp are great! She MUST know what she's doing
    I like her. I don't think she's a nut job or a wing nut- she's just who she is, like she said, the kid who got picked on in school and rather than folding under the pressure she decided to follow her own drummer. I like that she helps her clients recreate their styles at home. I've seen professional stylists with pink hair, striped hair and everything in between who do great work so her hair doesn't make me think negative about her abilities. Anyhow, look at the most of the otherstylists hair on the show, they may not have yellow hair but their hair isn't necessarily well cut or styled in any way that would make me think `wow, they must have mad skills.'
    I love her `wonder twin' remarks
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3858131;
    This is an act. Her salon is in Simi Valley - a suburb of Los Angeles - not a trendy, edgy place. It's the place where the cops that beat up Rodney King were acquitted and it started the L.A. Riots.

I'm sure she did this to get on the show. She looks ridiculous! Who in their right mind would let someone who looks like that near their hair?
    Actually she's really quite successful and her salon does quite well. The salon I go to isn't in an upscale or trendy place, but they do amazing cuts that are extremely versatile and yes, cutting edge.

Ger

I cannot stand her and think she is wack job

I wish she would get the boot

Quote Originally Posted by Ger;3862786;
    I cannot stand her and think she is wack job

I wish she would get the boot
    That's how I feel about the wonder twins. Totally arrogant, snarky, immature behavior, like a couple of gossipy thriteen year old girls. Their arrogance and know it all attitude is just so grating. I really hope they get their come uppance But, that won't happen, Brig is the `villain', so she's doomed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast