+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Camila Alves - Host

Camila Alves - Host

Camila Alves
    Host

Upon arriving in the United States at the age of 15, Brazilian-born, Camila Alves, dedicated herself to multiple ventures and continues to build her brand. She got her start when she signed with a New York modeling agency, landing her first contract, which ultimately ran as a billboard in Times Square.

Her entrepreneurial spirit and eye for style evolved naturally with the launch of her own brand, MUXO, which debuted with luxurious one-of-a-kind handmade Brazilian-leather handbags. The family owned and operated brand has garnered much attention among the fashion and film industry as the bags are toted by Hollywood’s A-list and carried at top boutiques such as Nordstrom and Fred Segal in Los Angeles. MUXO continues to grow and develop with plans for additional categories of leather goods, accessories and apparel.

As a new mom, Alves has partnered with Lucky Brand to launch of line of diaper bags. Produced under the Lucky Kids label, the bags were launched in November 2009. The line incorporates both the aesthetic and functionality required by today’s busy and stylish moms.

Alves currently resides in Los Angeles.

Video: Get to know Camila!

Camila's Bio Page / Bravo website

Re: Camila Alves - Host

I don't think I like her as host. She looks and sounds way too uncomfortable (and, no, I don't find her accent charming as others might) to the point that I can't stand that my name is similar to hers.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I loved Jaclyn Smith on this show.
    I didn't know much about Camilla Alves before this, other than being girlfriend to McConaghey.
    I didn't like Jonathan Antin on Blowout, so I don't know that I'd like him here.
    Still haven't watched the new season. Judging from the comments on here, not sure that I want to.
    Does anybody like the new show?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't care for her as host. She mangles about every line and it is just painful to watch. If you look at her face when she talks, you can tell how much of an effort the poor girl is making to enunciate every word clearly. I am an immigrant, and I still have an accent after all the years I have been here and my writing abilities are much better than speaking abilities, so I do understand the difficulty with English. She is not that level yet for host material. I do think she is probably a nice girl, though. I don't care for Jonathan Antin and I lasted through maybe a couple episodes of Blow Out. I have to say that anyone is better than that guy they had previously. I don't remember his name, but the guy who always said, "Go shague (shake) it."
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 02-11-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Ended up seeing a few minutes of last night's episode.
    She is quite lovely, but I agree that she is pretty painful to watch.
    She is clearly uncomfortable in her role and, for the life of me, I cannot understand why Bravo would have chosen her.

More importantly, though, this show is focused on hair, isn't it?
    For the life of me, I cannot understand why the producers gave her a head of head last night that looked like she stepped out of some very tacky, B rated 'blaxpoitation movie" from the 70's!! And then, as if it wasn't bad enough, they decide to add a series of parts and braids to it!!
    It just looked like she either stepped into an electric socket or a very high powered wind tunnel. Either way, it was not a style that I'd be looking to emulate.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I think what the problem is, is that we do not know what happened with Jaclyn. Did she leave on her own, was she fired, replaced for her age, etc. I think it is hard to accept a new replacement in a role or as host if you liked the old one and are not sure what happened.

I like Camila fine enough, but Jaclyn was what I was used to so I saw no reason to replace her. If she left on her own, than Camila is fine, and I will get used to her.

old cow

I have this weird feeling that Jaclyn was replaced/fired. I can't imagine why, she was a fine host but probably some nimrod producer thought to get rid of the old for the new--to help boost ratings. Their is nothing on Jaclyn's website (that i can find) that indicates why she isnt hosting anymore.

Camilia is ok I guess, I just wish she was pronounce the star's names correctly! UGH that was so aggrevating.

I don't care for her either. She has a strange speech pattern & seems very stiff.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

What about her final words .... "Hair is important."
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I'm not thrilled with her so far. She's definitely not an improvement over Jaclyn Smith (who I liked and enjoyed).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast