+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Camila Alves - Host

Re: Camila Alves - Host

I started watching because of Jaclyn, too. She definitely lent a touch of needed class to the show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3837226;
    Jaclyn Smith was the host.. and Rene Fris was the Mentor. Rene (Shake it, gah this so is so hard up for a catch phrase.) is a hairdresser, was on Queer Eye and also has his own line of hair care products. He is also a Wilhelmina Model. He has many bases covered unlike Camila. He could be annoying.. and i do not mind Orlando Pita as a mentor at all, he is amazing.. but Jaclyn oozed class and made for a much better host. I would love to ee her back, as she was the reason i started watchin gin the first place.
    That's why I started watching too, and why I'm now going to stop watching. She really brought something to the show. I didn't realize just how much either until this season when I'm really missing her.

FORT Fogey

Camila is obviously trying, but failing.

I simply don't understand Bravo's insistence upon having hosts for these shows with quippy little accents or speech affects. It's becoming a pattern - this show's previous host, that awful show where they paired "designers" with "experts" or whatever. It's almost as if they're trying to achieve Heidi Klum again.....

You know, if they were looking to change hosts on this show, they could have just taken Tabitha. I still would have prferred to see Jaclyn return. But, if they needed to make a change for whatever reason, at least Tabitha has a personality. Camilla has none. And what's up with "Ciao"?
    I thought she's Brazilian or from somewhere in So. America. Last I checked, Ciao was Italian.

Wow -- just read of all these for the first time -- I thought it was only me -- her annunciation absolutely drives me nuts --it really annoying and distracting -- honestly do not see why she would have been chosen as host. I am sure she is a wonderful person -- but this is not the gig for her -- when she speaks I want to turn the channel.

FORT Fogey

This season seems to be the nasty season. I do not like the judges at all, and Camila is getting worse and worse. She did not bother me at first, but she is seemingly getting more comfortable in the spot, and trying less to be warm.

I cannot stand Tabitha period. Being a judge this week was bad enough, a whole show with her would be awful. She is so nasty and awful I cannot stand to watch her.

Camila . . .

Pretty woman, but . . .

PLEASE bring Jaclyn BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Camila makes me crazy, too. She sounds like she has a speech impediment, and EVERY time she speaks I cringe. (I have nothing against people with speech impediments, but speaking well is one of the top qualifications of hosting a show.)

There's now a tie for my least favorite reality tv hosts of all time: Camila and the creepy twin hosts on Launch My Line, "Dean and Dan Caten of DSQUARED2."

Quote Originally Posted by rgw718;3850395;
    Camila makes me crazy, too. She sounds like she has a speech impediment, and EVERY time she speaks I cringe. (I have nothing against people with speech impediments, but speaking well is one of the top qualifications of hosting a show.)

There's now a tie for my least favorite reality tv hosts of all time: Camila and the creepy twin hosts on Launch My Line, "Dean and Dan Caten of DSQUARED2."
    OMG, could you just imagine them doing an episode together??? Last night was too painful to listen to. She was attempting to critize some of the hairstyles & listening to her, accent aside, was just unlistenable (is that even a word). I turned it off & watched a rerun on TLC.

Did anyone watch and see who got voted off?

I'm not at all a fan of Camilla's. I could, however, perhaps deal with her slaughter of the language if she at least had a personality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast