+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Camila Alves - Host

old cow

Re: Camila Alves - Host

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3827850;
    What about her final words .... "Hair is important."
    Oh man that is so corny. And its gonna get real old really fast. Why did the creators of the show have to mess everything up? I really liked the first & second season! And i was so looking forward to the 3rd season, I hope this show picks up soon.

FORT Fogey

I am so sorry that they messed with the host and judging - I thought Jaclyn was good, she had long term success, name and face recognition, and knew the business! I do not like Antin - so brash - and the new host, can't even remember her name, is so plain and stiff that I can't imagine why she was selected! She can barely remember the basic lines that happen every episode let alone trying to go with the flow of the happenings of the show each episode! She might be a good model, but this is about more than modeling, it's the behind the scenes - and Jaclyn had clothing lines and other businesses besides her acting and modeling, she had creds.

Please, like Samantha on DWTS, please take this host away! I don't know if I can watch all season...might just tune in for the ends.

At times I can get up to here with Jonathan Antin, but if I had a choice between her and him I'd pick him.

I can't remember the first host's name. But as weird as he was with the "shague it", at least he had an obviously outgoing personality. Plus, he's connected to the hair industry. Camilla is only connected to Matthew McConaghey's arm.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
    The show is about hair. Please get a host who doesn't wear a hairdo that looks like she stepped into an electric fuse box. :nono

I watch this show with the sound turned off. Camilla & Jonathan are a double train wreck.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

While Adee complain and griped and bitched about the picture they chose from the photo shoot, I had a LOL moment when Camila said "slow down your horses".

I can just hear her hubby using the correct euphemism and I'm sure she got it from him!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fanatic

Bring back Jacklyn Smith. I can't stand the new host. I don't care she's had children with Matthew McConaghey (sp). I can't understand her half the time and she's annoying to watch. I find myself fast forwarding through her most of the time.

That being said..I really like Matthew and Janine. Matthew reminds me of Richard Blais from Top Chef and Janine reminds me of Maggie Gyllenthall (sp). So far there aren't any that I can't stand..I just don't like them as much as the two listed above.

FORT Fan

I've read comments about Camila's accent but I didn't notice it that much, I never thought she was unintelligible and was surprised how many comments there are about her accent. Kudos to anyone who can speak more than one language, I can't and am impressed with anyone who can. While I liked Jaclyn Smith (I grew up with Charlie's Angels) I think Camila is good and I love the different hairstyles they put her in week to week.

BTW... where I think Shear Genius has gone bad are the challenges and the contestants.

FORT Fanatic

Camilla is a pathetic joke as a host...we alternate between laughing our heads off and screaming "my ears are bleeding!!" whenever she opens her mouth. Choosing her was either about her Hollywood connection (baby daddy Matthew McConaughey) or her looks, or both. Either way, I'd be shocked if she is rehired, if the show gets renewed.

btw--doesn't she sometimes sound like that dark haired boytoy from the previous season, who would say "just shag it". He was a marblemouth too lol

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3829803;
    At times I can get up to here with Jonathan Antin, but if I had a choice between her and him I'd pick him.

I can't remember the first host's name. But as weird as he was with the "shague it", at least he had an obviously outgoing personality. Plus, he's connected to the hair industry. Camilla is only connected to Matthew McConaghey's arm.
    Jaclyn Smith was the host.. and Rene Fris was the Mentor. Rene (Shake it, gah this so is so hard up for a catch phrase.) is a hairdresser, was on Queer Eye and also has his own line of hair care products. He is also a Wilhelmina Model. He has many bases covered unlike Camila. He could be annoying.. and i do not mind Orlando Pita as a mentor at all, he is amazing.. but Jaclyn oozed class and made for a much better host. I would love to ee her back, as she was the reason i started watchin gin the first place.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast