+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8/27 (Season Finale) Show Discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/27 (Season Finale) Show Discussion thread **SPOILERS**

I finally saw a rerun of the show last night and I can see why Dee won, although I don't know how she pulled it off. Kudos to her for doing a great job and all in THREE hours! Insane! I loved what she did to all the women. I am a redhead and I know how tricky that color can be. All of her women looked terrific and I love how her story made complete sense with all of the looks she created. I loved the 60 year old. What an improvement over her original color. I am so glad that Dee came through and showed what she can do.

Charlie's 18 year old's hair was hideous. I thought I was seeing things for a moment. How on earth could you make that weird shape and so old looking? I did not get his story at all and I think Charlie did what he wanted to do. I did not like the 60 year old. I thought that haircut was way too young and trendy for her. It's like he switched the ages. I was not impressed.

Nicole should not have been in the final three. She is obviously way too inexperienced and has a brattiness that is beyond annoying. I thought her crying when she told the judges that her story was based on her Mom was a blatant play on their emotions. I am glad that it didn't work. I thought her 60year old looked terrible. That hairstyle was just plain unflattering. The 18 year old was plain and simple, but easy and obvious. I just didn't see anything interesting or creative. Daniel should have been there in her place.

I loved seeing Dee's reaction. It was so real and genuine that it made me feel great. The right person won. Good for her!

Quote Originally Posted by Nativenewyorker;3182424;
    Charlie's 18 year old's hair was hideous. I thought I was seeing things for a moment. How on earth could you make that weird shape and so old looking? I did not get his story at all and I think Charlie did what he wanted to do. I did not like the 60 year old. I thought that haircut was way too young and trendy for her. It's like he switched the ages. I was not impressed.
    I think Charlie's thought process was something like this: "I want to do up-dos, what story can I make up that will allow me to do them?....Ah-ha, a child star who stays in entertainment will always have the opportunity to hit the red carpet!"
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 08-29-2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: typo

Although I wasn't that faithful a viewer this season, Dee was my frontrunner since the beginning. I was very glad to see her win. She seems quite genuine and her reaction to the win was the best.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3182900;
    Although I wasn't that faithful a viewer this season, Dee was my frontrunner since the beginning. I was very glad to see her win. She seems quite genuine and her reaction to the win was the best.
    I agree. Dee was a standout from the beginning.

Charlie does the BEST color out of all of them, and the hair of his client's always looks natural and healthy. And, I agree with the judges that he is the best at styling (not cutting) hair.

Nicole is great because she's a gambler. She takes risks. And, I think her haircuts are always nice. However, I think her newness shows a bit...and her cuts always seem to be just slightly off mark. I wonder if it's a timing issue, i.e. doing so much in so little time for someone with less experience.

I think Dee's cuts are always well done. Sometimes I don't care for her color choices, but she, like Nicole, takes chances. Dee just knows how and when to take them a bit better. I think Dee does the best job of cutting hair, and I think she has an amazing talent for matching people and styles. I think that those two qualities make her worthy of the win.
    Last edited by Jexter; 09-01-2008 at 01:48 AM.

Who is John Galt?

Sooo glad Dee won and not Charlie. Could not stand the guy throughout the whole season and quite frankly, I did not care for many of his styles. He was obnoxious, self-centered, and insulting to his competitors. Not a nice guy. The best person won. Dee was the best overall throughout the season. Congrats to her.

I'm glad that Dee won. She seemed very sweet, loves her mama and did a great job on the final. I'm afraid of men stylists and Charlie is a perfect example of why. He was very talented but a little too mean for me.

FORT Fan

Congrats to Dee She was consistently good, not a bragger like Charlie...

I think it was awesome to see her win, she did a really good job with the redheads. Good show...I do wish they would have a recap or a reunion show. Did they announce a fan fav or not?? I may have missed it..thanks for updates

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4;3191265;
    Congrats to Dee She was consistently good, not a bragger like Charlie...

I think it was awesome to see her win, she did a really good job with the redheads. Good show...I do wish they would have a recap or a reunion show. Did they announce a fan fav or not?? I may have missed it..thanks for updates
    They announced Daniel as fanfavorite. My guess is that they're not going to have a reunion show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123