+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/27 (Season Finale) Show Discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 8/27 (Season Finale) Show Discussion thread **SPOILERS**

i think charlie has outshone them all more times than dee has,
    I totally disagree. Charlie has been in the bottom more than Dee. Yes, Dee probably should've gone home last week, but overall she's done better than any of the other two. She's been in the top (but not won) just as much as Charlie and a couple of times should've even beaten Charlie out. Even Charlie said she was his biggest competition.

I rarely watched this show this season whereas I watched ervery single show of season one. I really can't stand Rene, the guy with the Elmer Fudd voice. Probably one of the reasons I didn't watch alot. But judging by last night I think they chose the right winner. Dee's models all looked great. Charlies models all looked old in there up do's. And Nicoles models were OK but a couple of the ladies hair looked unfinished.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

As much as I didn't like Sally last season.. I think she was 99% dead on with her comments.. the only one i disagreed with was about Dee's lil poof thing (which I will sadly, agree with Nicloe on) has to go. I dont like it and I think it distracts from the over all style.

Charlie, yet again, showing he is an Up-Do kinda boy.. they are boring.. and yes, they made them look old. I got his story idea and concept, and I would have done something of the like, but the 40s was too far back to go. I think that the 30 year old was more 18 looking than the 18 year old.

I do not like Nicole, as a person even.. at least from what I saw on TV of her.. maybe it was a bad edit. But i felt she acted much like a spoiled 10 year old half the time and a snippy diva the other half. She should not have been in the final 3 by any means. She was one step away from Nekisa with her smart mouth commet answer for everything attitude. She needs to go grow up a bit and learn the craft of doing hair.. not just the cutting. Daniel should have been there.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3180250;
    As much as I didn't like Sally last season.. I think she was 99% dead on with her comments.. the only one i disagreed with was about Dee's lil poof thing (which I will sadly, agree with Nicloe on) has to go. I dont like it and I think it distracts from the over all style.

Charlie, yet again, showing he is an Up-Do kinda boy.. they are boring.. and yes, they made them look old. I got his story idea and concept, and I would have done something of the like, but the 40s was too far back to go. I think that the 30 year old was more 18 looking than the 18 year old.

I do not like Nicole, as a person even.. at least from what I saw on TV of her.. maybe it was a bad edit. But i felt she acted much like a spoiled 10 year old half the time and a snippy diva the other half. She should not have been in the final 3 by any means. She was one step away from Nekisa with her smart mouth commet answer for everything attitude. She needs to go grow up a bit and learn the craft of doing hair.. not just the cutting. Daniel should have been there.
    I fell asleep before the end, so I came on here to find out who won. I am pleasantly surprised that Dee won. Before I fell asleep, she seemed to be in trouble. I did not want Charlie to win. I thought he was way too inconsistent, either really great or awful. Dee should have won a few more challenges and got robbed. It's true that she didn't do well last week, but I am glad that they let her be in the final three. She has kept it together, knows her strengths and has been pretty consistent. Nicole did not deserve to be in the final three, it should have been Daniel.

I forgot to record it, I don't know why, but I will watch the rerun to see how the hairstyles looked.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Loved Dee's celebration when she won!!

Glad she won!

And what is with the guy that talks like Elmer Fudd? I kept waiting for "wascally wabbit", but no luck!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have not watched faithfully this season, but caught a few shows here and there. I would have liked to see Daniel in the final over Nicole. Nicole really put me off with her nasty remarks about people in the shows that I watched. Actually, a lot of the people on this show were way too busy making nasty remarks about the other stylists.

I was happy to see Dee win at the end of the finale. I missed that last show so didn't see whatever unfortunate thing she did to make people feel that she should have been out. For this show, I thought she did the best overall and showed the most versatility.

I liked a lot of what Charlie did, but his 18yo looked way too old with the hair burrito. His story didn't have her winning the Oscar at 18, so I couldn't figure out what an up-do had to do with her being a child star...

I was annoyed by Nicole's story. The fact that she had her mom in mind was sweet, but when she got to the 60yo she said something like "she looks at the pictures of her grandkids and is happy with her life" -- it just made me picture a woman who thinks she's 60 and her life is over, people can still have dreams, goals, and aspirations at 60!!

I was surprised that the phone poll had Nicole in the lead. I came on here partly to see if people here thought she should have won, but I'm not seeing much of that. Apparently the phone poll participants weren't FORTers.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3180729;
    I have not watched faithfully this season, but caught a few shows here and there. I would have liked to see Daniel in the final over Nicole. Nicole really put me off with her nasty remarks about people in the shows that I watched. Actually, a lot of the people on this show were way too busy making nasty remarks about the other stylists.

I was happy to see Dee win at the end of the finale. I missed that last show so didn't see whatever unfortunate thing she did to make people feel that she should have been out. For this show, I thought she did the best overall and showed the most versatility.

I liked a lot of what Charlie did, but his 18yo looked way too old with the hair burrito. His story didn't have her winning the Oscar at 18, so I couldn't figure out what an up-do had to do with her being a child star...

I was annoyed by Nicole's story. The fact that she had her mom in mind was sweet, but when she got to the 60yo she said something like "she looks at the pictures of her grandkids and is happy with her life" -- it just made me picture a woman who thinks she's 60 and her life is over, people can still have dreams, goals, and aspirations at 60!!

I was surprised that the phone poll had Nicole in the lead. I came on here partly to see if people here thought she should have won, but I'm not seeing much of that. Apparently the phone poll participants weren't FORTers.

I saw it that way too.. i was waiting for the next setp to be ok shes 60 time to go pick out her plot and casket. to me that goes to show just hoe (typo that im keeping in this case lol) much living Nicole needs to do.. shes a very YOUNG 24. She needs to grow up, learn how to talk to people, and learn how to use words that do not slam her client when talking about them.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Oh, I don't think we even had to wait for Nicole's comments on the 60 year old.

For the second oldest (47 or thereabouts?), Nicole said something about her wanting to look "as good ... as she can". I'm paraphrasing, I don't remember the exact words.

The point is, she said it in this tone that implied that of course a woman that old can't really look fabulous, but that she still wanted to look as good as an old woman of 47 can.

It really irked me.

MRD

I loved what Dee did to the hair of her 60 year old client. What a great cut and color as it was hideous when she walked in.

I'm glad Dee won. Charlie by his own admission said he didn't do well when he didn't like the challenge. I wouldn't go to him for that reason. I wouldn't know what kind of hair I'd get if he didn't like me or if he was having a bad day.
    Dee I think would try her best to be consistant.

I liked Nicole, but she needs more experience. She is very young and it does show.

I wanted Daniel to be in the final 3. I bet his story would have been over the top!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love a stylist where I can just walk in and say "Do what you see!", with very limited restrictions. If they have the confidence to tackle a job like that, you're probably in good hands. Dee or Charlie would be able to fill the bill.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast