+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 8/20 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

While I don't really, REALLY disagree with the decision to cut Daniel, it was kind of unfortunate, because I don't think anybody really did a good job today. The photographer was mostly to blame IMO. He was vague, didn't really give them much direction, and then acted like an a**hole when they didn't produce what he wanted.

Honestly, Charlie's was simply the best of the worst. The guy didn't really seem to truly LIKE any of them.

Personally, I liked Nicole's winter hair. I didn't see what the big deal was with having snow in the hair -- she was laying in snow, after all. I liked Daniel's summer look enough too; the red braid really wasn't necessary, but I don't see why the guy was so annoyed with it; it was in the back of her hair anyway (which they kept restating).

Dee's Autumn look wasn't great, but the girl didn't have a great head of hair to work with, what with the bangs she had coming in and whatnot. And Charlie's spring look really was just typical looking to me. It looked like something Paulo would do (I bet he would have done WELL in this challenge!)...it just looked like a frizzball pinned up in random places with flowers. Again, best of the worst.

So I guess technically it was right for Daniel to go home, but Dee's work wasn't up to par either, though the hair she was given wasn't much. So I dunno. Toss-up, I guess. I was kind of hoping Charlie would go home...

For some reason, the judges seemed a little quiet to me tonight. Linda Wells really seemed tired or something...or nicer maybe. She was a lot more edgy, blunt and mean last season. Today she was rather mellow. Kim Vo was typical catty Kim Vo though. But they seemed a little softer or quieter or something. And the shortcut challenge was weird because to me nobody really changed the looks much and the challenge felt rushed, most likely to leave room for the photo shoot thing.

Unfortunately, it's looking like Charlie might take the whole thing. I really hope it ends up being Nicole or Dee, but I dunno. The previews made it look like Dee pulls a Daisy on the finale and is scrambling, and Nicole just may not be able to stack up to Charlie since they all seem to love him so much.

But I'm hoping Dee or Nicole wins, and would have rather liked to see Daniel, Dee and Nicole in the final 3, but unfortunately Charlie did do a decent job on the photo shoot, so he's in the final 3

I agree kdm that Dee didn't have alot to work with, but the photographer specificially said he wanted flow & movement and that hair did not move AT ALL. She could've curled it, she didn't have to keep the bangs either. All Dee really did was her blunt a-line cut and some similar colorings that she always does.

And yes, I thought the idea of snow in the hair was perfect for Nicole's piece, but I didn't understand the red hairpieces. Platinum would've been better, the photographer was right on that.

I'm giving all my Fan Favorite votes to Daniel. He's just too funny. Dee should have been auf'ed, not him. Charlie is so annoying. I'm rooting for Nicole to win it all. She seems to be such a real sweetie.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3170931;
    I call BULL!!!!!!

While I love Dee, her cut was NOT Avante Garde and there was nothing you could do with it. At least Daniel made some changes and adapted.

They just wanted Dee pitted against Charlie in the finals.
    I agree fully. I actually yelled at the TV
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I'm sorry to see Daniel go. I like both Dee and Daniel, but I was hoping it would be Dee that would be going home. (Actually, I was hoping Charlie would be the one to go, but I digress...)

I think the decision to cut daniel instead of dee was ridiculous! dee's cut was so boring... mediocre at best. i agree none of them was that great, but i think daniel put way more work into his than dee did.
    ~~~~~~~~~amandalynn!
    this is a reason for broken wings!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by volatility;3171815;
    I think the decision to cut daniel instead of dee was ridiculous! dee's cut was so boring... mediocre at best. i agree none of them was that great, but i think daniel put way more work into his than dee did.
    beyond that... it was the same cut she always does.. which is also why they let Paulo go, doing the same cut.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

In this episode I really thought Dee deserved to go. Even the judges noticed she does the same haircut over and over, and she obviously did the worst in the challenge with that no-movement hairdo. I never liked her taste. I think in the family member challenge that her mother's bad taste in wanting orange hair and a bushy haircut just showed that the nuts don't fall far from the tree. I thought Nicole gave Dee's mom a way more flattering and sophisticated style than she would ever have come up with on her own, and instead of being in the bottom for that challenge, Nicole should have been near the top.

We like Nicole and would not be sad if she wins, but for the most part I think Charlie deserves to win it all. There seem to be a lot of Charlie-hatin' comments here. He may have an annoying personality, but I would certainly trust him to do my hair. He didn't win all those challenges without talent.

The other one I would trust to do my hair is Glenn. The challenge she won where she made over that middle aged woman with the wavy brown hair and taught her how to style it is exactly what I wish someone could do for my similar hair. If I could find someone capable of giving me that color/highlights, cut and style, I would be thrilled.

I loved Daniel because he was just too funny. He would make a good host for Talk Soup. The photographer was such an a$$. Dee's haircuts are always the same (with bangs), but she does do a mean hair color/highlights.

I was rooting for anyone but Dee. She did not perform well at all and still managed to make it to the final 3. The cynic in me says they gave the win to Nicole in the early contest to create drama in the final contest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast