+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 8/6 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I'll be honest, I didn't love Nekisa and she wasn't an amazing stylist.

However despite her consistent run in the bottom, remember that track record isn't a factor -- see how Glenn went home after ONE bad performance last week, even though she had lots of highs and wins? Nekisa's lows just meant she was having a bad streak, but it wasn't something they could factor into the judging.

Anyway, based on last night's results, I don't feel Nekisa's was the worst. I don't know how they expected the stylists to cut a dog's hair perfectly, and the highlights looked okay (Rene did kind of push her into doing color!) on the model.

Personally Paulo or Charlie should've gone home. Charlie didn't really do anything to the dog and the client was just another Charlie updo. He needs to show off some good cuts with hair down.

Paulo's did look choppy and weed-whacked; I hate to agree with annoying Kim Vo but it's true...it looked bad. The dog didn't look good either. To me, at least Nekisa tried and her client didn't look horrible like Paulo's; overall I think Paulo or Charlie should've been cut instead. Nekisa really wasn't that bad.

*ducks for cover in case people disagree*

Quote Originally Posted by kdm31091;3158394;
    I'll be honest, I didn't love Nekisa and she wasn't an amazing stylist.

However despite her consistent run in the bottom, remember that track record isn't a factor -- see how Glenn went home after ONE bad performance last week, even though she had lots of highs and wins? Nekisa's lows just meant she was having a bad streak, but it wasn't something they could factor into the judging.

Anyway, based on last night's results, I don't feel Nekisa's was the worst. I don't know how they expected the stylists to cut a dog's hair perfectly, and the highlights looked okay (Rene did kind of push her into doing color!) on the model.

Personally Paulo or Charlie should've gone home. Charlie didn't really do anything to the dog and the client was just another Charlie updo. He needs to show off some good cuts with hair down.

Paulo's did look choppy and weed-whacked; I hate to agree with annoying Kim Vo but it's true...it looked bad. The dog didn't look good either. To me, at least Nekisa tried and her client didn't look horrible like Paulo's; overall I think Paulo or Charlie should've been cut instead. Nekisa really wasn't that bad.

*ducks for cover in case people disagree*
    And for all Nekisa's whining the one thing she didn't bring up was that Rene' told her to lose the curls. That said she hasn't been doing good work for awhile now and it was past time for her to leave.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3158401;
    And for all Nekisa's whining the one thing she didn't bring up was that Rene' told her to lose the curls. That said she hasn't been doing good work for awhile now and it was past time for her to leave.
    It wasnt just Mister Shake It who said it.. the client hated it too.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

MRD

The short cut challenge makes me shudder. If Nicole's hadn't been as hideous, Charlie would have lost that one. His was hideous too, just not as bad as squid hair.

Personally I would never go to Charlie, not just because he has a bad attitude, but if he doesn't like the challenge or the clients hair, he doesn't try. He's not consistent. I would worry just worry about what kind of mood he was in that day because if he was in a bad one (well he stays in a bad one) or didn't want to do my hair it would end up looking like sh**.
    Dee always, always, always tries. And she's always fairly upbeat. She hasn't been putting down the other contestants either.

I thought Daniel's dog hair was cute and I loved how he reacted to seeing the dogs. He may not be the most talented, but I just like how upbeat he always is.

And I had to laugh when Kim Vo and Jaclyn Smith looked at each other, rolled eyes, shrugged shoulders and smirked. Too funny. The judge from Allure magazine always looks like she's smelled something bad, but today she really looked like she'd prefer to be anywhere else.

I thought Dee and Nicole did a great job on the clients hair. But the dogs? None of them did that great. But what do you expect? None of them are dog groomers. Stupid challenge.
    I'm glad whiney Nekisa went home and she left still blaming other things for her own shortcomings. Next week, I really hope it's Charlie. At first, his attitude was a tad amusing, but it's gotten real old, REAL fast.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thank GOD Nekisa finally went home! It's not that I can't stand her; she's OK enough. But, she was living in the Bottom 2, and I think she had pretty much used up all 9 of her lives. It was past time for her to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3159728;
    The short cut challenge makes me shudder. If Nicole's hadn't been as hideous, Charlie would have lost that one. His was hideous too, just not as bad as squid hair.

Personally I would never go to Charlie, not just because he has a bad attitude, but if he doesn't like the challenge or the clients hair, he doesn't try. He's not consistent. I would worry just worry about what kind of mood he was in that day because if he was in a bad one (well he stays in a bad one) or didn't want to do my hair it would end up looking like sh**.
    Dee always, always, always tries. And she's always fairly upbeat. She hasn't been putting down the other contestants either.

I thought Daniel's dog hair was cute and I loved how he reacted to seeing the dogs. He may not be the most talented, but I just like how upbeat he always is.

And I had to laugh when Kim Vo and Jaclyn Smith looked at each other, rolled eyes, shrugged shoulders and smirked. Too funny. The judge from Allure magazine always looks like she's smelled something bad, but today she really looked like she'd prefer to be anywhere else.

I thought Dee and Nicole did a great job on the clients hair. But the dogs? None of them did that great. But what do you expect? None of them are dog groomers. Stupid challenge.
    I'm glad whiney Nekisa went home and she left still blaming other things for her own shortcomings. Next week, I really hope it's Charlie. At first, his attitude was a tad amusing, but it's gotten real old, REAL fast.
    I agree with the comments in bold. Charlie is so moody and temperamental, that I would never know what to expect from him. He has been up and down a lot in this competition. He can be great or he can be truly awful. When he had immunity, he just phoned in that challenge. Remember that woman with the thick, dark hair and how he just cut it and didn't even bother to color it or soften it at all? That bothered me a lot and Jacklyn called him on it. I think that showed a kind of arrogance that is really annoying. I think Dee is the opposite of Charlie. She is always professional, gives it her best, stays out of the drama and seems to have a pleasant manner. She seems to know what her strengths are and always has a game plan for every challenge.

I happen to like Daniel, too. I agree that he is not the most talented, but he has such a great personality and it's refreshing.

Nekisa may not have done the worst look in that challenge, but the simple truth is that her time was up. I think the judges were looking for any reason to get rid of her. She stayed way too long. I don't blame any of them for not grooming or cutting the dogs well. That's not what they do. I think that was the stupidest challenge of all.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3157958;
    I would be so happy if they decide at the end of the season to declare No Winner. All of these "stylists" seem more like clowns and wallflowers to me.
    I think Dee has been consistent and competent enough to pull off the win this season. That said, I do agree that none of these stylists are especially impressive.

Also, little Tuhulu is the cutest frickin' dog I've ever seen.

Didn't Rene give bad advice to the losers of both the short cut and the elimination challenges? He's no Tim Gunn! They should learn that if Rene gives advice, they should do the opposite or they will lose!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3159925;
    Didn't Rene give bad advice to the losers of both the short cut and the elimination challenges? He's no Tim Gunn! They should learn that if Rene gives advice, they should do the opposite or they will lose!
    They need to just get rid of Rene, i can't stand him.. or his Shake It, and HiHi! I mean really i have so many gay male friends.. and none of them act like the Queen he does. I could never see myself going to him to have my hair done, brushed or looked at.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3159976;
    They need to just get rid of Rene, i can't stand him.. or his Shake It, and HiHi! I mean really i have so many gay male friends.. and none of them act like the Queen he does. I could never see myself going to him to have my hair done, brushed or looked at.
    I've read elsewhere that the "HI HI" is how Scandanavians greet each other. So, while annoying, it is his native and I give him a pass on that one.

But the "go shak it"... he's trying to be Vidal from end of last season. Vidal was adorable asking the women to shake their hair. Renee? Not so much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123