+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/23 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3142732;
    I swear the only reason Charlie is still there is because they like hearing Jaclyn Smith say his name for old times sake.
    But he did so well the first couple of weeks. I hope he gets his mojo back before they kick him off!

We really like the little blonde girl. Nicole?

The two winners this week really deserved it.

Premium Member

Can someone explain why Neksia is still there?

MRD

Glenn and Charlie both get on my nerves. They act like they know so much more than the other stylists. It isn't about years as a stylist, it's about talent and Nicole has talent.

I'd pick Daniel, Dee or Nicole to do my own hair over any of the others.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

I am a hair stylist and this show scares me. I am stunned at the lack of talent. No wonder I cannot get a good haircut in the state of Florida. Really, I have been trying for the entire 5 years I have been down here. I do not see anyone on this show I would want touching my hair.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3148373;
    I am a hair stylist and this show scares me. I am stunned at the lack of talent. No wonder I cannot get a good haircut in the state of Florida. Really, I have been trying for the entire 5 years I have been down here. I do not see anyone on this show I would want touching my hair.
    I had a fabulous stylist in Florida. She was German and was trained in Germany where they get a whole lot more training than here in the US, plus she had been a stylist for over 25 years, so lot's of practical experience. I have never had such a precision cut before and one that looked good even if I didn't blow dry it. She was absolutely marvelous and did great things with my hair. I hated to leave her when we moved.

But I haven't seen a style yet on this show that I would wear. But I would consider going to Daniel, Dee or Nicole because they have done some cute things for some of their models and I like their personality. To me, it has to be a combo of talent and personality for me. I would NOT let Charlie near me. He may have some talent, but his attitude is so bad I wouldn't want to have to listen to that while he did my hair. And I'd know that he'd be comlaining about me and bit**ing about me after I left the salon. Others may do that anyway, but I might not know about it. Charlie, I'd know he have something snarky to say behind my back. I figure of a hairstylist or a nail tech complains to a client about another client, then I'm probably fair game as well when I'm not there. No thanks, I will find someone else that isn't so witchy. Or at least isn't witchy to me and won't make me think that I'm being talked about when I leave.
    Last edited by MRD; 07-30-2008 at 08:48 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3145194;
    Glenn and Charlie both get on my nerves. They act like they know so much more than the other stylists. It isn't about years as a stylist, it's about talent and Nicole has talent.

I agree with your comments. Glenn and Charlie are legends in their own minds. Glenn got really defensive with her comments after she did not do well with her surfer guy's hair last week. Well, does she think she knows more about hair than Oscar Blandi? I don't think so. She seems to be a little thin-skinned.

Charlie is just plain outright annoying as anything. And I think he knows it and likes it. He has been lousy the last two weeks, so he better stop saying stupid things and concentrate on the hair or he won't be around.

I like Dee a lot. She seems to be grounded and has a sensible approach. She also doesn't get involved in all the drama. It's really a total waste of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3145194;
    I completely agree...and I might add Paulo to that list as well...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12