+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie - Shear Genius 2

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Charlie - Shear Genius 2

Charlie

Hometown: Denver, CO

Charlie has spent the last twenty years perfecting his craft of hairdressing. His love of fashion led him to Milan and New York where he studied under legendary runway hairstylists Guido, Serge Normant, and Eugene Soulieman. It was then that he had the privilege to work backstage at the runway shows of legendary designers Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, and Marc Jacobs while in New York, and Prada, Miu Miu, and Dolce & Gabbana in Milan.

Charlie has also worked as lead stylist creating runway looks for designers Jeremy Scott, Peter Som, Catherine Malandrino and Matthew Williamson. An award-winning stylist, he has been nominated for the International Stylist of the Year five times by the Canadian Mirror Awards and was officially named International Stylist of the Year in 2002.

He was also nominated for five North American Hairstyling Awards including Master Stylist of the Year in 2007 and North American Hairstylist of the Year in 2002.

Charlie co-owns Click Salon in Denver where he lives with his family and boyfriend Salvador.

Shear Genius: About - Season 2 – Official Bravo TV Site
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Charlie - Shear Genius 2

Judging by the flower, I guess he was excited about the Sex and the City movie opening...does it squirt cosmos?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

The big flower is the first thing I noticed before I even looked at his face or read his bio.

Wow.

He reminds me of the guy that was on the Sarah Silverman show.

Pfft. I can live without him. Making a blue helmet of fake hair isn't "hairstyling" to me, it's prop construction.

If he's as accomplished as his bio claims, what does he need this show for?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

Not liking this guy at all. His instant positioning himself to be the bad guy looks like a desperate grab at air time only They've seen enough reality TV to know the jerk gets alot of face time. I thought many of them were jockeying for face time when they were first introduced. Not confidence-more like ego coupled with outrageous crap to get the camera on them.

Ugh... now we have to take this drama queen until half the season 'cause he is "good tv".

I despised his short-cut last night. I would cry if someone cut my hair like that. I can't believe he won that challenge. That haircut sucked.

and then he won the RH of OC challenge, after taking Daniel's client away from him. boo.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fan

I was not impressed with either of his cuts. Charlie should have invested in acting lessons before coming on here. His snark and attitude appear so painfully (and poorly) rehearsed. We got it Charlie, you want to increase your airtime by being a villian. The least you can do is not make it so obvious that it's being done for air time.

Looks like he got half way through his snark comment about Daniel and then forgot the lines he rehearsed in preperation to get the camera on him

I didn't care for this challenge like I thought I would. For two of the housewives to adamantly forbid anything to actually be done to their hair was a serious detriment to the stylists stuck with them. And the winner .... of course it would be Kara, who hadn't bleached out her hair from years of overwork and was willing to let the stylist do anything he wanted. Kudos to her for playing the game, just wish the others had done so as well.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast