+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/23/07 - show discussion & reunion show **spoilers**

5/23/07 - show discussion & reunion show **spoilers**

I didn;t realize that there would be a regular show on tonight to get the final three for next week's finale and after that episode airs the reunion show is on. Bravo does very good reunion shows, see Project Runway, Top Chef and now Sheer Genious. Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst, BIG HINT these 3 shows are prime examples of how a reunion show should be filmed.

Total surprise that Ben is still in the show. How did that happen. No one has him pegged to win. Hope Daisy does. The challenge was interesting cause they all had to work on a professional photoshoot. Dr. Boogie was driving me crazy. There can only be one diva on a shoot and in this case it was the photographer. I was surprised no tempers flared. As for the reunion show. Even though the Tabatha and Tyson feud was gone over, I must admit of all the reunion shows I have seen these hairdressers were all very professional and you could tell there was no spite or venom or hard feelings among them. All of the hairdressers did agree that Tyson brought alot of attention and vemon on himself. But I have to admit Tyson took it very well. Gosh, all people should be so civilized. I was simply amazed.

This was a very good show and unfortunately, the dismal production of Top Design shed its aura on it and drove viewers away probably feeling that they had been so dissappointed with Top Design that Sheer Genius had to be worst. It had great personalities and I liked the format and the producers did not drag it out. I do hope we see a season 2 of Sheer Genius and that Top Design has died a quiet death.

Oh, BTW Tabatha won $10,000 as fan favorite. Quote: 'I quess it pays to be a bitch'.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-24-2007 at 12:29 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: 5/23/07 - show discussion & reunion show **spoilers**

Tabatha won? Yikes, she's nasty! I tried to vote for Dr. Boogie, but the site wasn't working very well.

I guess we're the only 2 watching. I'm popping in and out of the AI finale - waiting for Carrie and Taylor!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Actually, I thought Jim was more arrogant than Paul-Jean, Tabatha, Boogie....

To outright deny that there was nothing wrong with that hair color One of the blogs mentioned that TPTB had to get the model to another salon the next day to fix it.

IMHO they planned the voting for "fan favorite" wrong. I bet if the voting had ended after Tab's foul mouth spewing, then someone else would've won.

Tyson's strategy to set himself apart worked for the screentime, if that was all he was after but most of the others, Danna in particular, really seemed to be disgusted by his ploys (personally I think the only thing he did that was was the bit where he asked everyone why they should get 2nd choice of model for the long-to-short challenge.

And Tabatha, just because it is a game and you don't have to like someone, still doesn't mean you have to treat that person like dirt, or like Tyson said "throw your teammate under a bus".

Dr. Boogie really is egotistical & annoying, and just because he has a son, doesn't mean he's not gay. Richard Hatch (from Survivor, not Battlestar) has a son, too.

Why didn't we see Anthony going ballistic on Evangeline also? Hmmm... makes me wonder if they're setting him up to be the good-guy winner? Not that I don't blame him, Danna, & Tabatha for going off on Evangeline. Continuing to use those clippers is irresponsible and she's setting hersefl up for a major lawsuit, if not malpractice, and assault.

Vidal Sassoon! Dang!

FORT Fan

Daisy is winning, and if she doesn't it's a serious crime against humanity. They are completely pimping her up to be the winner.

I agree, Ben in the finals is like a big WTF? moment! I mean Tabatha should hands down be there. She has been a rockstar since the beginning and was always in the top 3/2 in most challenges. Not surpised a lot of people voted for Tabatha, she's an extremely likable bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by cntmfan;2417227;
    Not surpised a lot of people voted for Tabatha, she's an extremely likable bitch.
    No, I find her very DIS-likeable. However, she's a very TALENTED b!tch, and yes she should've been in the top 3. My top 3 would've been Tab, Tyson, & Daisy.

Spew all the Tabatha hate you want, but what is undeniable is that she made that show. Dr. Boogie provided marginal entertainment, but Tabatha is the one who delivered the goods. I've kept quiet during all the "OMGZ, she's so mean!" clucking, but I think her win in the fan favorite contest more than vindicates her, along with the general agreement that Tyson more or less separated himself from the rest of the contestants with his attitude. I hate bullying as much as the next person (some may remember I was an ardent Marcel-supporter), but Tabatha was always willing to say how she felt and I only respect her more for it. Even in her most unhinged moments, she was totally lovable.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I forgot to record the show, so I will have to catch one of Bravo's million reruns. I do hope this show has another season, but this season I will never cease to be amazed that the most talented hair stylist (Tabitha) was eliminated and Ben or Dr. Boogie made it past her. I also am pleased that she won fan favorite. I think she was bitchy, but in a good way and she was honest and I can see her saying what is on everyone's mind, but they are afraid to say it.

Welcome to Hippo Heaven dogabone's Avatar

As I often do, I fell asleep while the show aired and missed the reunion show entirely. SoŚI decided to play catch-up by watching the reruns on Thursday. I can't believe Bravo decided to air the reunion before the penultimate competition! Certainly spoiled the actual challenge for me knowing the final three without seeing it happen first.

Stupid, stupid Bravo!
    Mother Hubbard
    Queen of the Grammar Hammers

From what I understand, Dogabone, this is common with Bravo shows.

I only ever watched Top Design, and not very often, so I'm unfamiliar with this technique, but several others have said Bravo does this often.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2417226;
    Dr. Boogie really is egotistical & annoying, and just because he has a son, doesn't mean he's not gay.
    Didn't he say he wasn't in like the first episode? That is psycho. Of course he is! The Danish Queer Eye host seemed very uncomfortable with Boogie's advances. The guy really does look like a Ken doll, however, and should be used to people commenting on how perfect he looks.

Boogie's bedazzled bandanas are kind of cool, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast