+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

5/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Please keep all discussion in this thread until 1 AM EST. Thanks!

Re: 5/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

ok i figured out what drives me nuts about rene -- that stupid - "shake it" thing he says ... oh and the "Hi -Hi" i think he is trying to hard to make a catch phrase for himself -- IMO --
    Last edited by firechica; 05-02-2007 at 10:41 PM.
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I'm surprised Evagelin was eliminated, since she won last week.

Pixelated

Aww nobody else is watching? This show is great.

I was also surprised she was eliminated, I think it was the "hedgers" that actually did her in since they were all rather upset with her using them.

Am I the only one who thought all the styles were horrible? I wouldn't wear any of those so-called "red-carpet" styles and judging from the way Vanessa said "of the 8 contestants" as in "if I have to pick one", I don't think she would either.

What the heck was that mess in the quick challenge with the super short mohawk/mullet thing? That was horrible. Again, I thought the majority of the hair styles were bad and Tabitha usually does so good.

LOL...what was with Ben last night with the uncontrollable laughter?

Yeah, the hedgeclippers did Evagelin in I think. She was the only one excited about the prospect of playing Edward Scissorhands on somebody's head.

im really shocked at her elimination! to choose ben's atrocuous updo over evangeline's outdated prom mess? i honestly saw more potential with evangelin than with ben.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

I guess I am the only one who wasn't very shocked at the elimination. I think Evangelin just took the hedge clipper thing a wee bit too far into the insane zone. Suggesting that she might use them in her shop was a bit over the edge.

Also I have to agree that none of the hairstyles moved me this week. Looking at Vanessa's style and what they came up with was like they did not even look at the picture. She's all about clean smooth styles (exsept the bride of frankenstein fro she had at the golden globes), No one really got it IMO, although Ine got close in hair color and style.

I also had a problem with a professional hairdresser stating that he have never styled Black hair. As a professional stylist, one should be proficient in all types of hair.

I also could not see how Dr. Boogie's styles showed any red carpet flair although he explained it eloquently.

Mohawk Guy's style was just a HOT MESS!!!

I'm happy that Evangelin went home. A gimmick is a gimmick, but she went off the deep end with hers, and I can understand why some of the other stylists would be upset about it. Even though they shouldn't have been hollering at her the way they were. So she's crazy; big deal. Let her eliminate herself while you watch from the sidelines and laugh.

I wouldn't have minded a double elim last night; because Ben? That hair looked a mess. He has yet turn out anything very pretty at all, in my opinion, and I think he's coasting by always being second-worst.

Quote Originally Posted by firechica;2364535;
    ok i figured out what drives me nuts about rene -- that stupid - "shake it" thing he says ... oh and the "Hi -Hi" i think he is trying to hard to make a catch phrase for himself -- IMO --
    Agreed. Rene, you're already cute enough, honey. You don't need silly phrases.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pixelissa;2364632;
    Aww nobody else is watching? This show is great.

I was also surprised she was eliminated, I think it was the "hedgers" that actually did her in since they were all rather upset with her using them.

Am I the only one who thought all the styles were horrible? I wouldn't wear any of those so-called "red-carpet" styles and judging from the way Vanessa said "of the 8 contestants" as in "if I have to pick one", I don't think she would either.

What the heck was that mess in the quick challenge with the super short mohawk/mullet thing? That was horrible. Again, I thought the majority of the hair styles were bad and Tabitha usually does so good.
    Here is a quote from Rene Friis' blog on the Bravo network website: "Tabatha's style was cute, but because her model's hair was so dark you couldn't really see the structure and details. When you do dark hair very detailed, it always looks a bit messy. You have to be extra careful because from long distance the details get lost. "

Rene was out there with the stylists and had a better view of what was going on - maybe some of Tab's work was lost to us (and the judges). However - Danna really did have the best of the lot.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;2365584;
    I wouldn't have minded a double elim last night; because Ben? That hair looked a mess. He has yet turn out anything very pretty at all, in my opinion, and I think he's coasting by always being second-worst.
    I wholeheartedly agree, MS! I keep missing the first half-hour of this show (even though it's on fifty times a week) but each time I see the runway shows and Ben has never impressed me. Evangelin has always struck me as way out of her league as well.

For a minute during the runway part, I was worried Heidi Klum was going to charge the stage when Jaclyn Smith said that if you're a hair stylist you have to know "what is in....and what is out" with the patented Klum pause.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast