+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show discussion 4/25

Show discussion 4/25

anyone want to guess who has to cut with the hedge clippers?
    i think its evangelin .....
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Pixelated

Re: show discussion 4/25

Lacey is eliminated in the short cut (wow that cut she gave was horrible!)

Im pretty impressed with most of the cuts so far. But why do they dress the models in those awful glittery smock things? They are not flattering and distract from the cuts.

That being said, I thought the hedge clipper cut was the best one although I'd never let anybody near my head with those things!

Tabitha is growing on me, thought she was a snot at first (still do) but I want her to cut my hair!

Top 3

Evangelin
    Tabitha
    Daisy

Evangelin and her hedge cutter hair wins

Bottom 3:

Ben
    Dr Boogie
    Theodore

Theodore goes home

I almost gave up on Bravo reality shows but I'm glad I gave it one more shot because I love this show!

I was surprised that 48% of the people in the poll would say yes to a cut with hedgeclippers. I thought she did well with hedgeclippers--I was impressed. I thought Theodore did bad, but the blond guy who won the short cut challenge had the worst cut in my opinion. I was so glad Dr. Boogie didn't go. I think he is amusing to have around. I am predicting Tabatha as the ultimate winner of this competition. She has talent. Even though she never smiles, I really love her bitchiness, though maybe that is because it isn't directed at me--she'd probably easily reduce me to tears. She didn't even smile in that picture of her cuddling with a puppy. I was extremely happy to have Lacey finally go home. That girl should have gone the first episode--she had no talent.

That guy Rene is sexy looking, but something about him really annoys me.

Does anyone know if Theodore is half black? I've always gotten the impression that he was, and then tonight he said something about his curly hair that made me think he was referring to being black again. I'm just curious. Thanks in advance.
    Visit Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    http://www.sotrfamily.proboards103.com/

After scolding ones cat, one looks into his face and is seized by the ugly suspicion that he understood every word and has filed it away for future reference.~Charlotte Gray

This show is so much better than Top Design yet it does not seem to be getting any fans. Anyway enjoyed the show. Glad Lacey left, she should have been gone episode one. I loved the challenge and am glad that Evengeline won. But didn't all the cuts look the same. I do not consider shoulder length hair short so was not impressed with any of the short cuts if some were cut to the chin or shorter it would have added variety to the final runway presentation.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2352317;
    This show is so much better than Top Design yet it does not seem to be getting any fans. Anyway enjoyed the show. Glad Lacey left, she should have been gone episode one. I loved the challenge and am glad that Evengeline won. But didn't all the cuts look the same. I do not consider shoulder length hair short so was not impressed with any of the short cuts if some were cut to the chin or shorter it would have added variety to the final runway presentation.
    Wasn't that weird how so many of those final cuts looked almost identical? I wish they wouldn't have used gimmicks but wow did Evangelin show what could be done despite good equipment. Her haircut was fabulous, not even taking into account the hedge clippers, and then when that's factored in-wow.

I'm sad to see Theodore go but that wasn't a good cut. He didn't seem to be able to manage his time well. Lacey should have been gone long ago so won't even miss her!

I'd say this show is better than Top Design AND Top Chef. Each time I watch it, I love it more and more.

So sad to see Theodore go (Dr. Boogie would have been an acceptable sacrifice for me,) but the cut did suck. Interesting how the two youngest got eliminated this episode. Talent is important, but experience goes a long way. It was definitely Lacey's time to go. I was getting so sick of her snide arrogance. Girl cuts like ass, no snotty excuse will make up for that.

Oh and one more time... GOOOO TABATHA!!! Love this girl. She's due for a win.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

I love this show. I really didn't like Top Design. This show, along with Top Chef and Project Runway are my favorite Bravo shows.

I was really sad to see Theodore go. He was really sweet, and I really did think he did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2352317;
    Maybe the people were traumatized by that snore of a show Top Design and had bad feelings about Shear Genius. I have to admit I thought it was going to be a horrible show until I actually watched it. I think that might be part of the problem with the show--people prejudging it as bad, because coupled with Top Design cursing it, nothing sounds more boring than cutting hair, so not all will want to even give it a chance. Yes, those cuts did look the same. I noticed it as well. My guess is many of them were playing it safe because of the tools. I was impressed with Evangeline--she was the only one with balls in this challenge and she really proved herself. I had thought she was a hack, but she really made me see she had some talent. I think it is time for Tabatha to win one. She really is one of the best there. If Evangeline hadn't used the hedgeclippers, I bet one of the other two would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2352809;
    Maybe the people were traumatized by that snore of a show Top Design and had bad feelings about Shear Genius. I have to admit I thought it was going to be a horrible show until I actually watched it. I think that might be part of the problem with the show--people prejudging it as bad, because coupled with Top Design cursing it, nothing sounds more boring than cutting hair, so not all will want to even give it a chance. Yes, those cuts did look the same. I noticed it as well. My guess is many of them were playing it safe because of the tools. I was impressed with Evangeline--she was the only one with balls in this challenge and she really proved herself. I had thought she was a hack, but she really made me see she had some talent. I think it is time for Tabatha to win one. She really is one of the best there. If Evangeline hadn't used the hedgeclippers, I bet one of the other two would have won.
    Those were my feelings. I had so enjoyed Project Runway and the first season of Top Chef that Top Design seemed a great segway and I looked forward to it but was throughly dissappointed. You could tell from the first episode that something was off. But I stuck though that entire cycle. I was prepared to just turn the TV off BRAVO on Wednesday nights. Fortunately I taped the first 15 minutes of Shear Genius and wow I knew I had found a good show in the the 5 minutes of viewing. Too bad the bad experience of Top Design has harmed Shear Genius. Hopefully with a little word of mouth and the good critics over at TV Guide that will change.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast