+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4/18 Discussion Thread

Re: 4/18 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2339281;
    I don't know if the rest of these folks just suck naturally or if it's the 2 hour time constraint. I tend to think they should have three hours. It usually takes me 2.5 at the salon.
    Same here PG, it's easily 2.5 for me to get a cut/color/style done. That's probably why a lot of these contestants didn't really do their tasks to the fullest this week....either semi done, or screw it up massively like Jim did. I think I'd rather have a "sorta celebrity" hairstyle than that horrid CarrotTop mess, and honestly, I think CarrotTop has better hair than that because at least it doesn't look fried.

Jim deserved to go! His hair was just awful!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I would love to join you guys in here for the show discussion on Wed. nights but I watch something else at the same time this show is on so I always end up DVRing it and watching it the next day.

I love it!
    Wake up and be awesome

I like this show! Not as good as Top Chef but MUCH better than Top Design... for some reason I couldn't get into that show at all! Right now my faves are Dr. Boogie & Tyson.

The episode was a lot of fun but I totally agree with the judges that with a 2 hour time limit you have to step up to your client and say what is possible in that time frame. What was Daisy thinking?? Shut up and cut. Even I know color can take awhile especially if you are doing highlights and low lights and to cut and style on top on that. You have got to watch the clock. Poor Jim so gracious losing, but the hair was a disaster. I like the Posh Beckhan bob that is something I could wear, with that kind of cut it can be wash and wear hair.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, Victoria B's haircut was the best, IMO. She should've won.
    I also liked Sienna Miller's style and Carmen Electra's. The rest were ok to terrible. I dont' understand how the girl who did Halle Berry's haircut was in the top three. I thought she did a terrible job. I didn't look anything like Halle Berry. And that thing sticking out? Um, ok.

The right person definitely went home. I would've felt bad if Daisy went because it was just a fluke for her. She proved last week that she's talented and just happened to have flunked it this week. She'll go far I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2340791;
    What was Daisy thinking?? Shut up and cut.
    She should have gone home. What were the judges thinking?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    Count me officially part of Team Tabatha. I love her, and I love Anthony (but Tabatha more.) I'm so glad to see she redeemed herself.
    I'm liking her more too (thank GAWD 'cause I was ascerd of her after the first episode ), but she really knows what she's doing and I think she's probably one of the most talented contestants on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    I like Theodore too, but girl needs to back away from the lip gloss. It's not flattering. Oh and a proper shirt would help also.
    I didn't realize he was wearing lip gloss. Theodore was my pre-show favorite, but holy flaming lispszs - his sing-songy voice is driving me batty. It's like now I'm just waiting for the rise and fall at the end of each sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    ... it's easily 2.5 for me to get a cut/color/style done.
    AT LEAST!!! It usually takes me 3 hours when I go, so I don't know how it's possible to do it in 2.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I get a cut/colour/style done within 2 hours, but then again my colour is not a dramatic change, so maybe that is part of it, but with what I get done, it is doable.

Okay, I'm going to horrify everyone with the following confession:

I do my own color, and I ended up cutting my hair myself a month ago. My current stylist (it's been a bad couple of years stylist-wise for me) does beautiful work if I have a picture, but she doesn't speak English well and she just doesn't get my descriptions.

However, before you freak, my sister and I were roommates when she was attending beauty school and I picked up a lot from her. It was during the eighties and I can wrap a perm, and have even done my own air perms.

Watching this episode, the stylists that failed definitely failed because they didn't manage the client. Two hours is not enough for a full-blown platinum blonde (or at least having the client have more than two hairs left on her head after frying it to that shade), and the cut and style needed 45 minutes to an hour to do well. Jim and Daisy should have just flat out told their clients that platinum blonde wasn't going to happen.

Why not bleach a few streaks in front to emphasize the style? Telling the client that she has a choice between orange hair or a general lightening with streaks is going to get most clients to buy in to reality.

Daisy talks and talks and by doing so just undermines herself. Tabatha would have shut the client up and done what was necessary and still been in the top three, IMHO.

So far I'm loving the show. I really need to find a new stylist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12