+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Finale Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by bebewood
    lol davis is going to my school@!!! lol aww i thought he was cute. I totally didnt expect any of these kids to go to non ivys...like north texas? wtf? is it the money issue?
    Well Gerald is from Texas so maybe he didn't want to go too far away from home? I dunno!
    Let us know if you see Davis around campus this coming school year ... hahaha!

Congratulations to all of the kids - you should all be very proud of yourselves!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Positive K
    Well Gerald is from Texas so maybe he didn't want to go too far away from home? I dunno!
    Let us know if you see Davis around campus this coming school year ... hahaha!
    lol i just found him on facebook. i sent him a message.
    relationship status: in a relationship...ooo wonder if he's going out with liz
    Last edited by bebewood; 07-18-2005 at 09:32 PM.

Harvey Mudd!?!?!? There's a college named Harvey Mudd? Oh wait, I'm confused. Anyone know the (original) Star Trek episode "I, Mudd"? But that character was HARRY Mudd -- actually, Harcourt Fenton Mudd? Ah, just dating myself again . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Davis is still whining about his screw-up.
    **heavy sarcasm**
    But, didn't you know the show is all about Davis?
    **end sarcasm**
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Congrats, Melissa. I would have rather Scot or Amari won, but Melissa deserves it, too.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Pomona College

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    It's a very good liberal arts college. It is one of the Claremont Colleges which also includes Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Harvey Mudd, and Scripps. Here's a link:

http://www.claremont.edu/
    I'm a Pomona alum - good choice Melissa! Pomona is a small liberal arts college - bachelors degrees only. Beautiful campus, small classes, around 1300 students total. Some of our famous alums are:

Richard Chamberlain
    Kris Kristofferson
    Roy Disney
    Frank Wells (former Disney president)
    The current editor of the New York Times (can't think of his name)
    Pulitzer prize winning playwright, George Wolfe
    Authors Richard Preston (Hot Zone) and Doug Preston (with Lincoln Childs)
    Jim Taylor, screenwriter for Sideways
    Mary Schmich, journalist (famous for "always wear sunscreen")
    Robert Towne, director
    California judge, Stephen Reinhardt
    Penny Dean, first woman to swim the English Channel
    Rosalind Chao, actress

Those are just a few off the top of my head. One of the members of my class was the son of Harvard's president.

Anyway, I got a great education and had a fantastic time. I'm thrilled to see Melissa choose Pomona and I hope it gives our little-known school some additional exposure. Go Sagehens!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    Harvey Mudd!?!?!? There's a college named Harvey Mudd? Oh wait, I'm confused. Anyone know the (original) Star Trek episode "I, Mudd"? But that character was HARRY Mudd -- actually, Harcourt Fenton Mudd? Ah, just dating myself again . . .
    "Yes, My Lord, Mudd."
    *nagging voice* Harcourt Fenton Mudd... Have you been drinking? You good for nothing...."
    His character was in 2 Star Trek eps.

I was impressed by the response of the losers tonight. Other than Davis who is still in shock everyone seemed genuinely pleased for first the three finalists and then Melissa. I would have expected more bitterness or disappointment, but Hell's Kitchen has enough of that for both shows.

CCL
    I didn't feel that Melissa's final speech was off the cuff at all. It seemed so rehearsed & not at all spur of the moment. See, for example, how she really sounded when speaking off the cuff (giving her victory speech) - nothing alike. It was not just the words, though, it was the whole style. I don't think I'm letting the fact that I don't personally like Melissa colour my view because my co-viewers got the same impression from her final speech. The falseness just annoyed me, but then Melissa annoyed me generally so...Ah well, good for her for winning. Pomona is a good school. Interesting that her academics were not as strong as Scott and Amari. I would have thought she'd have been right up there.
    I'm surprised that Davis is going to USC. I thought he would have gone to one of the Ivies. Seeing as how he's so smart and all.
    I'm glad Liz got into Yale () and great that Amari, Jeremey & Milana are able to go to the schools they wanted to attend.
    All in all, a good show. Anyone think there will be a season 2?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    I am glad Melissa won - she is the one I chose to win. The other kids deserved it as well though. I am glad they all got something to contribute to financing their college education.

Thanks Playbear for the info on Pomona - I was wondering where the heck that school was.

+ Reply to Thread