+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 7/11 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    See now, it's funny how different our reactions are. I like all the finalists and I cried because I was so happy Amari made it. I think she's great. Then again, I think they are all wonderful.
    I agree with you. Amari worked her butt off. So what if she stumbled on a few words. We all have done that at one point in our lives. So give me break on focusing on that small thing. Everybody deserved a chance and some prove themselves more than others. I really don't think the show is rigged. These kids that are in the finals won it fair and square. Congratulation to Amari for making the final cut.

I think they mentionned choosing Amari for the showdown because during the preparation process she really pulled her team, motivating Jeremy, coaching Alyssa and organizing everything. Without her during that 1 hour they would have done much worse during the actual debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bitter
    Davis was the only one who spoke with any skill and didn't seem to be reading straight from his cue cards.
    You might even call him a Master Debater, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Saige
    This show seemed pretty rigged to me. Seemed the younger judge pulled for Liz until she was in, and the other two definitely favored Amari and probably will vote her the win. What did she do tonight to deserve being in the showdown but stutter her words?
    The only thing I could figure is that she did pretty decent on the bill of rights quiz, thus making her a captain. They grilled Gerald about it pretty extensively, so maybe that was important to them. It was the only reason I could see, other than when they mentioned she must have been in the quizes a few times before for a good reason. Seemed like a reason NOT to put her in and give someone else a chance to me.

FORT Newbie
    I don't care about this show anymore. I'm not quite sure why I cared in the first place either.

None of the contestants seem to be someone the public can relate to. Anyone else find the questions are incredibly easy? I graduated high school about a month ago, so I am probably on the same playing level as all these contestants and without studying, I found myself being able to answer most of the questions with ease. Especially the anatomy and the last two history ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCodeDude
    I don't care about this show anymore. I'm not quite sure why I cared in the first place either.

None of the contestants seem to be someone the public can relate to. Anyone else find the questions are incredibly easy? I graduated high school about a month ago, so I am probably on the same playing level as all these contestants and without studying, I found myself being able to answer most of the questions with ease. Especially the anatomy and the last two history ones.
    I personally like this show very much. I didn't feel the need to really get to know the kids, they were there to win a scholarship, not the audience. We don't get to vote so why do they need to play to us. For once it wasn't about who got the drunkest, who hooked up with who and who made an ass of themselves that night.
    Smart kids - and they are smart kids, I didn't have those grades in high school- trying to win a prize that will further them in this world. I have no doubt that they will go on to do good things with their education.
    Instead of dumbing down our kids today - this one boosted them up. That doesn't sit well with the negative view that alot of people take today but I was happy with a positive view for a change! Thank you ABC.

I agree about the 20th century, 1900's thing. In my mind I always think, "20th Century" that's "1900's". It wouldn't take much for me to get distracted and start thinking 19th century. The look on Davis' face was priceless.

I can't believe what the moderator did however. Asking him basically if that was his final answer. That was just wrong. If he had retracted and answered correctly, the other contestants would have had a beef. I can't remember the moderator asking the other contestants who answered incorrectly if they were "committed to that answer".

Did the producers really want Davis in the finals since he was the best "villian" in the group?
    Rozzie

Yes!!! I can't believe it!!! Davis is out of the competition!!! All because he got his centuries mixed up!!!

I know I haven't posted in a while, but Davis really annoyed me the last 2 episodes!!! And after all that, he is shut out of the final five!!!! Now that's what I call justice!!!

BTW, Congrats to Melissa, Scot, Milana, Liz, & Amari. All 5 of them deserve a spot in the finals!!! It would be intresting to see who wins it all, but I think Melissa, Liz, & Amari have an edge over the rest of the competition!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456