+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 6/27 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom
    The previews made it look like Davis was at least thinking of cheating. There was no sign of that at all on the actual show. They had to assemble a partial map of the United States. Davis clocked in first, then noticed that he missed a piece. That's all. Then Liz clocked in, and she started laughing because she also missed a piece. Oddly enough, in the time allotted, nobody was able to complete the puzzle, so Davis & Liz won because they clocked in first. Strange.
    I thought that was kind of strange too. Everybody failed to complete the puzzle, but Davis and Liz were team captains because they failed to complete it the quickest?

I thought there should have been a second competition.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

CCL
    The host is very annoying, I agree. I was going to hit him with all his dramatic pausing last night.

The scholarship committee seemed much nicer last night, especially the white man (Scott? Sean?) who is usually quite the dour little fellow. Last night he was nodding encouragingly to all the interviewees. Nice to see.

I liked Liz's team's film better.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive K
    LMAO @ Davis not getting in. Is it wrong for me to be a bit giddy about this? It's not that I have a lot of hate for him, I just think he doesn't need it as much as the other kids do. In his profile piece tonight, his family seemed fairly well-off to me. Better to give the scholarship to the kids who will get the most use out of it, like Milana and Scot.

I would have liked Amari to have won tonight but Liz is an alright choice too. I like her a lot better after today's episode.
    Me too. I like Amari and Liz because they are the under dogs. I am getting sick of Melissa (too cockey like Davis). Matt reminds me too much of Corey from American Idol.

Aw, comparing Max to Corey?

I really need to brush up on American History. Though I haven't taken it since junior year. I got half the questions right. Shame, I did really well every other week.

I'm in agreement with those that Amari stands out in a good way. I'd like to see her and Jeremy in a showdown next week. All my favorites are in-- Liz, Milana, and Scot.

I enjoyed Liz's film a lot more, but Davis did have the tougher job.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

FORT Fogey
    I think the captain's quiz was won by Davis and Liz because as they reviewed all the other puzzles no one else had the puzzle correct except for only one piece. If there had been anyone else with a puzzle completed (or almost except one without buzzing in) they may have had to do a second competition with those 3 or so in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1
    I think the captain's quiz was won by Davis and Liz because as they reviewed all the other puzzles no one else had the puzzle correct except for only one piece. If there had been anyone else with a puzzle completed (or almost except one without buzzing in) they may have had to do a second competition with those 3 or so in contention.
    OK, that would make more sense, if Davis and Liz had one error and the others had more than one error. Perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fan
    I only caught the last 15 minutes last night. Those questions seemed like they would be for a 7th grader, not for seniors in high school.

Yep, the host sure is annoying with his pauses. He should try to emulate Alex Trebek and let them know if they're right or wrong right away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567