+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6/20 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

I got a phone call and didn't see anything beyond Milana winning.

So, because Melissa and Scot are already going to the finals, is that why they weren't mentioned at all in the deliberations? I'll probably figure this show out about the time it ends.

You know, just being on this show and getting national exposure could be part of the strategy too. It might be something to get scholarship committees to take a longer look at one of the applicants. Or would it work against them.

On edit: I knew all the answers to the questions we heard, except one. I guess they weren't as hard as I thought. Harder than the lit questions though, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    I got a phone call and didn't see anything beyond Milana winning.

So, because Melissa and Scot are already going to the finals, is that why they weren't mentioned at all in the deliberations? I'll probably figure this show out about the time it ends.

You know, just being on this show and getting national exposure could be part of the strategy too. It might be something to get scholarship committees to take a longer look at one of the applicants. Or would it work against them.

On edit: I knew all the answers to the questions we heard, except one. I guess they weren't as hard as I thought. Harder than the lit questions though, IMO.
    Yes, that's why they weren't mentioned. If either of them is the captain of the winning team during the team competition, they get to pick one of their teammates to go to admissions showdown.

The questions were actually challenging this time!
    I would feel cheated if I were one of the girls up this time, especially because the guys last week got eeeeaaasy questions.
    Good for Milana although she's not my favorite. She just seems too ... serious, compared to the other kids. But she seems like she really needs it which is always something good to see.
    Ideally I'd like to see Max and either Amari or Jeremy in the finale. The other ones either bug me (Davis and to a lesser extent Gerald) or I can't keep them straight from each other (all the girls).

I think Max needs to stop trolling for chicks and take this competition more seriously. Getting into a relationship with two girls that he probably won't see after the show ends is a waste of time and energy and may end up making him look bad before the panel. Melissa is making it pretty clear that this is just a casual attraction for her. She also knows she's poaching on another girl's territory which reflects badly on her. The other girl looks ready to rumble making this a lose/lose situation for her and Max. These two need to get their priorities straight.

I find it interesting how many of these smart kids are good looking as well. Is this a new generation of the anti-geek?

Regarding the African geography - I am a young high school student who has never studied African geography, but have read some atlases. I knew all the questions easily and I don't put much effort into it. I'm not gloating, it just seemed a little simple.

Barring any big upsets, I think Melissa is going to take this whole thing in the end. She seems really intelligent and she knows how to play the game, so to speak.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I am not sure the romantic misadventures of this bunch of misfits is great tv......I think a day at any high school is more than any of us want to watch....

Well I wouldn't have done well it that showdown

I still am hoping Jeremy can pull out a win and I bet Davis doesn't cheat...could be those darn editing tactics again. But if he does, I hope he gets nailed for it
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I think the average High school Tv quiz show has tougher questions......I know the exams you need to enter Yale do.....I quess the rule is ask no question that at least one network exec failed to answer or that the pre-show focus groups thought tough...

and What is the capital of Assyria anyway....?

FORT Fogey
    remember these kids have about 4 hrs to learn as much as they can about a subject matter. Well the african questions were easier, the only obstacles is the names, the unfamiliarity of the sounds of the name

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast