+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: 6/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

For the most part I did like the show. There seemed to be a lot of filler though. I don't need to be told twice (or three times) what every competition is. I also don't need to hear every contestant tell me that they are in it to win and that from here on it the competition is only going to get tougher/more intense/personal.

I was also somewhat disappointed that the final challenge turned out to be a trivia contest.

It was interesting to see them go from knowledge about space history to puzzles to literature. I did think that there would be more on science and mathematics, but I guess that they will get to those subjects later on. These kids are obviously all smart, but they can't all be smart in everything. So as the weeks progress and we get to know them better I hope that there will be different kids coming forward; that it's not just the same ones every week.

I was happy to see Melissa win, especially since she was shy about expressing her ideas in the beginning. Does she still compete even though she is in the finals? If she does what happens if she wins again? I thought that the 5 winners in the preliminary rounds go to the finals. The preview makes it look like she does compete next week.

I agree with many of the posts- these are intelligent kids that probably already have a lot of financial support because of their academics. Hey, I'm a high school senior going off to a university-- I should have applied, but I have nothing against paying for my education.
    "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going"

+ Reply to Thread