+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Scholarship Committee

The Scholarship Committee

From the official site:

Marquesa Lawrence graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara with a degree in Chicano Studies and Spanish. She has been a Student Affairs Officer at the University of California at Berkeley since 1993, recruiting applicants for admission in the Southern California region.

Peter Johnson graduated from Earlham College in Indiana. He previously worked in college admissions at Hampshire College in Massachusetts. A long-time resident of Harlem, Peter has served at an Ivy League university for over 20 years in various student affairs positions, including Dean of Student Affairs. He has served on a number of college admission panels and is regularly a featured speaker at national conferences. He is currently Senior Associate Director of Admissions at an Ivy League, where he directs the university's multicultural recruitment efforts.

Shawn Abbott graduated from the University of New Hampshire, has a Master of Education degree from the University of South Carolina and is finishing up his Ph.D in Higher Education Administration with a concentration in urban studies. Shawn has worked in student and alumni affairs at a community college in Boston and at Drexel University in Philadelphia. He formerly served as Assistant Director of Admissions at Boston University, and currently is a Senior Associate Director of Admissions at an Ivy League University.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    I wonder if one is the Simon, one the Paula and one the Randy.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    I wonder if one is the Simon, one the Paula and one the Randy.

"Yeah, yeah, YEAH, dawg! That's how you bring it! Your extracurricular activities in your app to Harvard were smokin', man! You were hot!"

"Ah, you know what I love about you? You're just you. And we saw that by the way you did the candy-striping thing at the local hospital after school, along with varsity soccer and a job bagging groceries at the market. Wow. Just wow. I love you and now America loves you, too!"

"Okaaay. Right. To be honest, I didn't think your scores on your SAT II were very good..." (Audience: Boo!) "Well, they weren't, if I'm going to be honest. Your essay was atrocious. Atrocious! I'll tell you what it reminded me of: It was like a student off the short bus writing about his summer vacation between third and fourth grade. Sorry. Not good. At all. Pack your Jansport. You're going back home to Iowa this week."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

That is hysterical.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32

"Yeah, yeah, YEAH, dawg! That's how you bring it! Your extracurricular activities in your app to Harvard were smokin', man! You were hot!"

"Ah, you know what I love about you? You're just you. And we saw that by the way you did the candy-striping thing at the local hospital after school, along with varsity soccer and a job bagging groceries at the market. Wow. Just wow. I love you and now America loves you, too!"

"Okaaay. Right. To be honest, I didn't think your scores on your SAT II were very good..." (Audience: Boo!) "Well, they weren't, if I'm going to be honest. Your essay was atrocious. Atrocious! I'll tell you what it reminded me of: It was like a student off the short bus writing about his summer vacation between third and fourth grade. Sorry. Not good. At all. Pack your Jansport. You're going back home to Iowa this week."

Pack your Jansport!

Phat! That was priceless!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

That was absolutely hilarious phat.

Umm, and is it some state secret as to which Ivy League schools Peter and Shawn work for? I guess since Marquesa works for a mere state school (albeit a very, very good one) it's okay to reveal her school.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Which ever one it is....they must be forbidden by contract to wear their gowns on camera.......

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Shawn Abbott is at Columbia......its easy to google.....and strangely enough Peter Johnson is at Berkley too.....(his faculty listing has a photo......)

Thanks museumguy. I was just too lazy to google. Did his information say how long he'd been at Berkeley? I'm wondering if he moved there after the show was filmed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast