+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scholar: Alyssa

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    "Not only did I apply to Harvard, I'm also its president...at 19."
    Huh? Where did it say that? Or are you being sarcastic? I never get sarcasm.

I like her, but her temper is going to be held against her. Which is kind of unrealistic because it is not like the college recruiters who normally interview prospective students are exposed to situations in which students are stressed and losing it in front of them. Usually it is just a staid interview-type meeting, no?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    I have a feeling she could be our winner.

These students are all very impressive! Hope reality TV doesn't spoil them.
    I know this girl and she will win. She blows me away with her intelligence

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Eternal Joy]OMG. I'm defimitely lovin' her.[/QUOT
    Alyssa and I are friends. I know that that girl is determined and is set on going into space. I thought I was smart until I became friends with her. She may seem cold hearted on the show, but she is just set on one goal.

I don't think she seems cold-hearted at all... she clearly doesn't get along with some of the other people there (::coughDaviscough: but whatever. I felt bad she couldn't get away from the camera last night when she was crying.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

CCL
    She doesn't seem cold to me, either. So what if she doesn't like Davis? Big deal. And the committee calling her on her bad attitude and then showing a clip where she was disagreeing with the video at editing? If that was the sum of how "bad" her attitude was? Come on. That was nothing. As she admits herself, she has a temper, but she seemed pretty reined in to me.
    I felt so bad for her last night when she wasn't picked again. She's the only one who hasn't had a go at the showdown yet - how bad must that feel? They better pick her next week.

She's the only one who hasn't had a go at the showdown yet - how bad must that feel? They better pick her next week.
    She seems to have the same attitude, but this is a competition, not a warm, fuzzy egalitarian exercise. Don't get me wrong, I like her a lot, but there are no guarantees that everyone will go to the challenge round out of some sense of fairness from the selection committee.

There is a difference between being good enough to be in the competition (she is), and being good enough to win (not yet demonstrated.)
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    She seems to have the same attitude, but this is a competition, not a warm, fuzzy egalitarian exercise. Don't get me wrong, I like her a lot, but there are no guarantees that everyone will go to the challenge round out of some sense of fairness from the selection committee.

There is a difference between being good enough to be in the competition (she is), and being good enough to win (not yet demonstrated.)
    Fair enough.

FORT Newbie
    It pissed me off how they selected her this week. Clearly she didn't deserve it and the only reason the judges considered her (and ultimately selected her) was so it could have a Disney/ABC ending where all the kids got a chance to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCodeDude
    It pissed me off how they selected her this week. Clearly she didn't deserve it and the only reason the judges considered her (and ultimately selected her) was so it could have a Disney/ABC ending where all the kids got a chance to compete.
    So you mean Jeremy should of gotten that spot instead of Alyssa? Fair enough.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12