+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Davis

Scholar: Davis

From the official site:

Hailing from Memphis, Tennessee, Davis is the self-proclaimed future President of the United States. Perceived by some as "cocky" and others as "confident," he knows his strong personality can sometimes be his demise. With an impressive 4.6 GPA and equally notable SAT scores, Davis puts his intellect to good use. While donning scholastic hats such as Editor-in-Chief of his high school newspaper and carrying out the duties of president of the Junior Statesman Club, Davis is also an active member of his local political community and is a proud Eagle Scout, with six Palms.
    Last edited by Bill; 05-17-2005 at 11:42 AM.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    "confident" and "cocky" = token jackass

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Burntcrow
    "confident" and "cocky" = token jackass
    Hahahaha. Oh yeah I think you're right.

I third that opinion.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I've run into guys like this during my own high school and university experiences.

The problem with the track that he's on is that you can do everything "right" and still be a wretched human being.

There is more to life, more to the college experience, than merely making grades and doing the right activities. College allows you to experience new and different things and new and different people so that you can round out your human experience.

I know I'm only going by a blurb here to draw a lot of conclusions about what kind of person he is, but I think his blurb is pretty telling.

Guys like this just don't get it.

I wish him a lot of success in politics. I think he's going to make a fine politician.

ETA: Of course, I am not saying that those who don't attend college could never have the "full human experience." In fact, those who don't go on to college experience "the real world" every day after high school.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Phat

I suspect he and Max are going to be battling it out for the alpha male role. Should be fun to watch.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Phat

I suspect he and Max are going to be battling it out for the alpha male role. Should be fun to watch.
    Good point. Momos like this typically think it's necessary to be leader of the pack in order to be successful. Often, that's not the case.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I bet he took some easy courses to get his GPA....proving scouts and politics just don't mix........

Wow- y'all are pretty quick to rag on this guy given that we haven't seen ANY of the show yet... seems like maybe people are projecting the people they didn't like in high school onto these contestants pretty quickly if you ask me.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    I bet he took some easy courses to get his GPA....proving scouts and politics just don't mix........
    Well, you have to take Advanced Placement courses to get a grade point average like that since they are weighted heavier than normal classes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast