+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Scholar: Davis

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I hope Davis learned something from watching this last episode but I highly doubt it. I couldn't believe it when they were rolling the credits and showing Davis on the phone saying Rob asked which two Presidents were assassinated in the 19th Century. Uh, no he didn't Davis. He said 20th Century. The fact that Davis still couldn't acknowledge that he had screwed up was disconcerting.
    That's exactly what I was thinking, Mariner! Glad I wasn't the only one.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fan
    I hope Davis learned something from watching this last episode but I highly doubt it. I couldn't believe it when they were rolling the credits and showing Davis on the phone saying Rob asked which two Presidents were assassinated in the 19th Century. Uh, no he didn't Davis. He said 20th Century. The fact that Davis still couldn't acknowledge that he had screwed up was disconcerting.
    Guess I wasn't the only one shaking my head going...YOU MESSED UP. ACCEPT IT!

His unwillingness to NOT accept it made me even happier that he's not in the finals.

I have no more interest in the show since Davis is out of it. I liked him better than anyone else on there.
    If Amari doesn't win it, then I will be greatly surprised.

I thought he was just retelling the story to his friend in a way that conveyed his surprise and shock. I mean, he heard it wrong, so why not relate it that way when telling the story from his perspective? Not that I'm a Davis fan, mind you (too big a head on those shoulders), but that last tale didn't bug me at all...

Davis is not of of the final five!!! Yes!!! Yes!! Yes!!!! Justice was served on "The Scholar", because Davis got cocky 3 times and lost 3 times!!!

No Davis in the final five!!! Yes!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

In case anyone other than me cares, I read in this mornings paper that Davis got a full scholarship to Southern Cal. I have been off the Fort for several days so this may be old news to you.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    In case anyone other than me cares, I read in this mornings paper that Davis got a full scholarship to Southern Cal. I have been off the Fort for several days so this may be old news to you.
    We care, Muduh! We don't dislike him so much we want to see him at Podunk U. Just want him to learn that he's not the be all and end all, which will do him a lot of good in the end. I say with regret though, that I think USC and the Davis we've seen could be a good match...he'll get to continue to think of himself as super smart and a great politician...at a place like Harvard he'd have to face reality. While of course there are great and serious students at USC, by repute it also has a substantial party oriented crowd, and if that's the crowd he chooses he will by comparison be able to continue to feel good about himself and feel it was just a fluke that he lost.

ETA not that there isn't a party crowd at Harvard! But it's smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    That's good to hear!! I was never a fan of his, but I'm glad everything worked out!! But I hope "The Scholar" taught him a lesson!!! Don't get too cocky or you'll regret it!!!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    We care, Muduh! We don't dislike him so much we want to see him at Podunk U. Just want him to learn that he's not the be all and end all, which will do him a lot of good in the end. I say with regret though, that I think USC and the Davis we've seen could be a good match...he'll get to continue to think of himself as super smart and a great politician...at a place like Harvard he'd have to face reality. While of course there are great and serious students at USC, by repute it also has a substantial party oriented crowd, and if that's the crowd he chooses he will by comparison be able to continue to feel good about himself and feel it was just a fluke that he lost.

ETA not that there isn't a party crowd at Harvard! But it's smaller.
    um okay, i go to USC, and trust me, it is not a party school. i was shocked at how prude and conservative the kids here are. Yes we do have a big greek scene, yes there are parties on thursdays and fridays, but it is not anymore roudy than any other schools. actually i think bible belt schools beat us at partying by far, mostly because they have nothing else to do, we have LOS ANGELES.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678