+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Davis

Davis will probably do well on this next challenge right? Seeing as he's planning on having a career in politics, he must know what he's doing. Me? I'm hoping that the judges will find him too arrogant to place him as the winner, so someone more deserving like Jeremy or Gerald can get to the showdown.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    I still like him. He's just an obnoxious teenager. I'm used to them. I'm not concerned about him winning because I think his parents can swing tuition for him anyway, just maybe not where he prefers to go. I imagine that all the kids on the show will end up with some pretty good choices of good colleges. It wouldn't be the end of the world if he had to stay right here in Memphis and attend Christian Brothers or Rhodes College.
    I have to say that from what I've seen of him, I like him too. I thought he did a great job on the film assignment. I loved the way he accepted his defeat on the history challenge. (I also appreciated the way Liz credited him with teaching her.) I haven't been watching every minute of this show, though, so I guess I must have missed his obnoxious behaviors. (That kid who is playing the two girls seems much more obnoxious to me. )

boxhill, most people made their minds up just from his bio. The word 'cocky" was mentioned then, and has been mentioned about a thousand times since then. As I said, he's just obnoxious, to me. Most teenagers are. I still like him and hope he gets in the finals.
    Last edited by Muduh; 07-06-2005 at 04:41 PM.

CCL
    I didn't make my mind up from his bio. I didn't even read his bio (or any of them, actually) until a couple of weeks into the show. My terming him "cocky" is based on his actions ("performance") on the show. But people interpret things differently - fair enough.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Bye-bye - oh Mr. Cocky. I didn't care for him and think his attitude was his demise.

CCL
    Hubris 3, Davis 0. 3 strikes, he's out. Bye-bye!

bye bye..................... i don't even know why he is in the showdown instead of jeremy.

FORT Fogey
    He was so sure he was going to win the showdown that he lost focus. That's why he didn't hear the question correctly.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by 101ethan
    bye bye..................... i don't even know why he is in the showdown instead of jeremy.
    He had to be in it because he was the captain of the winning team. Though I wish Jeremy had gotten his place instead.

I hope Davis learned something from watching this last episode but I highly doubt it. I couldn't believe it when they were rolling the credits and showing Davis on the phone saying Rob asked which two Presidents were assassinated in the 19th Century. Uh, no he didn't Davis. He said 20th Century. The fact that Davis still couldn't acknowledge that he had screwed up was disconcerting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast