+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Davis

CCL
    He has been cocky about how smart he is - saying how he's still a big fish in the big pond re: his other competitors, smirking at Melissa and Jeremy having to study for the showdown whereas he, since he is so brilliant and all, can goof around and do pushups. I don't think he's cocky just about his intelligence, though. I think he's cocky overall - he's probably the best-looking, smartest, best thespian, most promising aspiring politico around, in his opinion.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I still like him. He's just an obnoxious teenager. I'm used to them. I'm not concerned about him winning because I think his parents can swing tuition for him anyway, just maybe not where he prefers to go. I imagine that all the kids on the show will end up with some pretty good choices of good colleges. It wouldn't be the end of the world if he had to stay right here in Memphis and attend Christian Brothers or Rhodes College.

FORT Fogey
    The preview for next week must just be messing with the viewers. Would Davis really cheat?

This guy seems like he's all talk and no game, so to speak. He annoys me. I don't necessarily get the sense that he's horribly cocky or whatever, just that some of the other kids are running circles around him in terms of how well they're doing in the competition.

That would be stupid of him to cheat, i mean hello, the cameras are on them at all time. They're going to find out sooner or later.

I agree about Davis. It definitely wouldn't be the end of the world if he stayed in Memphis and went to Rhodes or CBU. Both good schools.

It's funny, when I first saw him on the show I assumed he went to one of the private schools here in town, like Christian Brothers High School or MUS. He reminded me so much of the preppy guys that used to go there back when I was in high school (nearly ten years ago now...ahh!)

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    The preview for next week must just be messing with the viewers. Would Davis really cheat?
    I really hope not because that would sort of make us wonder about all of them. Maybe they're just trying to make sure we show up next week.
    johannaauthor, my grandson is hoping to get a scholarship to Rhodes.

CCL
    Hubris: 2, Davis: 0.

Interesting (telling?) that the scholarship committee came right out and said they would not have picked Davis to go into the showdown so it was lucky he was the victorious captain. Hmmm.

Good that he didn't cheat.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm more forgiving towards Davis after a few episodes. Okay, so he's a teenaged jerk. I think he'll grow from there- he's not all horrible, just really over-confident to the point of thinking he is better than everyone else. Nothing wrong with being sure of your abilities and pushing yourself to the best of them, but when you're certain you're capable of doing better than everyone else with your hands tied behind your back, that's just bull.

That said, did it sit oddly with anyone else that he basically used the task to send a love letter to Elizabeth? That was a pretty big risk to take- he rallied the whole team behind his idea to make a personal plea to his crush. I'm really really really surprised his team won, and if the judge had seen the entire process rather than just the end product there's no way his team would've wom. It had nothing to do with the quote at all, based on what we saw of it.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    I'm more forgiving towards Davis after a few episodes. Okay, so he's a teenaged jerk. I think he'll grow from there- he's not all horrible, just really over-confident to the point of thinking he is better than everyone else. Nothing wrong with being sure of your abilities and pushing yourself to the best of them, but when you're certain you're capable of doing better than everyone else with your hands tied behind your back, that's just bull.

That said, did it sit oddly with anyone else that he basically used the task to send a love letter to Elizabeth? That was a pretty big risk to take- he rallied the whole team behind his idea to make a personal plea to his crush. I'm really really really surprised his team won, and if the judge had seen the entire process rather than just the end product there's no way his team would've wom. It had nothing to do with the quote at all, based on what we saw of it.
    So I wasn't the only one, huh?
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast