+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Davis

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    So I guess so far the humor hasn't shown up much? Except inadvertently...as in GWTW and Margaret Mitchell! Now that was funny!

At least it didn't show up in the one hour show that we saw. Maybe the three days that we didn't see told a different story, who knows.

FORT Fan
    What a self-absorbed jackass. I hope Davis improves. I was SOOOO glad he missed that easy GWTW question.

I don't know what is with this guy, sure he is smart but he could learn how to be a little humble............

I hated how he's like 'i'm still the big fish in a small pond'.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Well if he wanted to be the "star" of the show, he's succeeded...he's up to 3 pages of responses already, and almost everyone else is on their first. Really everyone is, since Scot's got somewhat hijacked by a (very interesting) discussion of the pluses and minuses of home schooling and Jeremy's by a discussion of how you calculate a GPA.

First off, where did it say that he's a thespian?

Second off, the difficulty of the courses depends on the school

Also, it is possible to get that GPA by taking honors and no APs depending on how your school weighs it.

Oh and don't rag on AP Music Theory. I don't know if you have taken it, or maybe your school's just happened to be very easy, but that class and the test (which is better at determining whether it is hard or not and is not taken into consideration in the GPAs) are pretty much impossible.

And yeah he is cocky, and thats going to cost him a lot

anyway i know a lot of kids with high GPAs and SAT scores are just as cocky as he is. It makes you wonder how good of an assesment of intelligence those things actually are.

The school that Davis goes to is probably the best, academically, in Memphis.
    I'm not seeing the comparison between his cockiness and his intelligence. Can you explain what you mean?
    I still have the newspaper article and I will look and see if the thespian thing is mentioned.

I just reread the article and the thespian thing wasn't mentioned.
    Last edited by Muduh; 06-17-2005 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by memphisredhead
    I finally have a semi-knowledge of a reality show contestant. When I saw one of the kids was from Memphis, I checked with my daughter, and sure enough, he went to her school. He was a senior this year, she was a junior.

She said he is very self-assured, "cocky". She knows him from Thespian Club. Says he's a good writer, good speaker. very political, super-smart. Says he was probably one of the most popular guys. She thinks he'll do well, has good people skills, but stresses, again, very "cocky".

She and I will be watching together (I'm so excited, she thinks I'm such a dork for watching reality t.v., now I'll have her hooked!).
    I believe this is where the "thespian" reference came from.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast