+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Davis

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by OnMyLunchBreak
    :This was the first time I greatly appreciated a little foreshadowing the editing. The fact he lost on the Gone With the Wind question was irony at its absolute finest.

His arrogance came back to haunt him.

The sad thing is he'll probably make it to the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by snow-phoenix
    The sad thing is he'll probably make it to the top 5.
    True, but I highly doubt he'll win.

I really really hope he's trying to play a role for the camera. If so, whatever, dude- it's probably already coming around to bit him in the butt. Playing the villain on "Survivor" may get you attention and riches, but on the first season of a show about high school intellects? Don't call us, we'll call you.

And if it's NOT a conscious attempt at national attention, and just how he actually interacts with people... then he's a jerk. But maybe seeing himself and hearing such backlash will make him change his ways? He's still just in high school, and many fine people were heinous in HS.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

hes to cocky. no cocky people win on reality TV shows. And I doubt that the comitie will let him win the scholar ship because of his bad additude anyways.

^Can they exactly stop him? It seems like since this is just a question/answer thing, then if he becomes captain again, and then wins the challenges getting on the top 5, can they stop him from getting it?

Quote Originally Posted by snow-phoenix
    ^Can they exactly stop him? It seems like since this is just a question/answer thing, then if he becomes captain again, and then wins the challenges getting on the top 5, can they stop him from getting it?
    I agree with your point and I also have to ask, why would they stop him? He was accepted as a contestant. I doubt that there was a clause in the contract that said if he turned out to be obnoxious, whatever, that he loses his chance to win. There are a few there that I'd like to see gone, but I'm sure they are supposed to be there too. Personality, or lack of, shouldn't even enter into it.

I'm not sure why, but he has one of those faces that when you see them, you just want to pop him one on the jaw.

I don't believe that I've ever had that reaction on first sight. They would probably need to at least open their mouth first.

I'm not sure why, but he has one of those faces that when you see them, you just want to pop him one on the jaw.
    "Say, listen, if you saw a face like mine, you'd punch me right in the mouth, and I'm just the guy who can do it!" Stan Laurel, in one of his classic mangled thoughts.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I re-watched the episode, this time with my daughter. She says the way Davis is on the show is the same as in real life. I asked her how he was so popular with that attitude and she says he's really funny.

Side note: His girlfriend this year was one of the school's cheerleaders. Also, Liz looks a lot like the old girlfriend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast