+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Davis

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    As for Davis as shown on tv...well. Davis, meet hubris. Hubris, Davis. I'm sure you too will be good pals.
    Yes, perhaps if Davis had known more about literature, and read Antigone or Oedipus Rex he would have seen his tragic fall coming.

This was the first time I greatly appreciated a little foreshadowing the editing. The fact he lost on the Gone With the Wind question was irony at its absolute finest.

I watched the show last night and was amazed by this boy's arrogant attitude. I can't imagine how he became so popular at his school with such conceit and cockiness. If he were really "confident", he would'nt have to brag to such a degree. I've found that bragging and arrogance are usually covers for insecurity.

He is a smart, good looking boy with a lot of potential. But, he really must learn how to develop better social skills if he wants to succeed.

I don't like him one bit.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Newbie

Davis

I don't think he's well liked at all! LOL! I was shocked at his attitude and it was the first night! Coming from this 47 yr old woman, the kid has a lot to learn and someone will teach him the lesson one day. You can count on it!

Quote Originally Posted by IluvMYpsp
    Did anyone else find it sooooo annoying the way he kept turning to look at Melissa when it was her turn at her question?
    Of course . . . the old intimidation technique. Of course, it doesn't work as well when you have to flip your hair back behind your ear every five seconds.

to the Fort, IluvMYpsp!

I don't like the dude. I really don't like the dude. I really really really don't like the dude.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I don't think he's as good looking as people are saying.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snow-phoenix
    I don't think he's as good looking as people are saying.
    He has a yucky jaw line...reminds me of the kid from Mask.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvMYpsp
    Did anyone else find it sooooo annoying the way he kept turning to look at Melissa when it was her turn at her question?
    I didn't find it annoying in the least. She was the one who was speaking at the time so why not look at her? That's what I would instinctly have done.

He's just too smug and egotistical for me. He doesn't evoke any human compasion or connection on an authentic level; very much a social gamer--he will make a good politician indeed!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast