+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Davis

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkOtterPop
    Well, you have to take Advanced Placement courses to get a grade point average like that since they are weighted heavier than normal classes.
    Not all college courses are equally difficult.....AP chemistry and math are harder than AP social sciences.......

I finally have a semi-knowledge of a reality show contestant. When I saw one of the kids was from Memphis, I checked with my daughter, and sure enough, he went to her school. He was a senior this year, she was a junior.

She said he is very self-assured, "cocky". She knows him from Thespian Club. Says he's a good writer, good speaker. very political, super-smart. Says he was probably one of the most popular guys. She thinks he'll do well, has good people skills, but stresses, again, very "cocky".

She and I will be watching together (I'm so excited, she thinks I'm such a dork for watching reality t.v., now I'll have her hooked!).

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    A cocky thespian......sounds much worse than it actually is.....

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Not all college courses are equally difficult.....AP chemistry and math are harder than AP social sciences.......
    True... the AP Calculus and Bio were a lot moe difficult than, let's say, AP Language, Music Theory, and Euro History (both the tests and the courses). They're still advanced classes though.

There was an article about Davis in yesterday's Commercial Appeal. His ACT score is 35, SAT in Math is 800 and 730 in the verbal segment. His GPA is 4.78. He Said that he made friends with, and keeps in touch with Max and Elizabeth.
    He said that the application for that show was about 200 pages long. He found out about it on Tuesday and it was due on Friday. He sent it FedEx.
    I'll be pulling for him unless he completely turns me off.

Forgot to mention that he's number 36 in his class standing.

His cockiness is the only turn-off for me. He has a lot of potential but I predict he'll be booted midway.
    ~*~America's Next Top Model's Best~*~

Katie + Catie + Amanda + Kahlen

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass
    Wow- y'all are pretty quick to rag on this guy given that we haven't seen ANY of the show yet... seems like maybe people are projecting the people they didn't like in high school onto these contestants pretty quickly if you ask me.
    Thank you. I was trying to figure out the instant hatred and you did it for me. It DID say that he is popular at school along with the cockiness.
    As I said, I plan to reserve judgement until I've seen at least ten or fifteen minutes of a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Thank you. I was trying to figure out the instant hatred and you did it for me. It DID say that he is popular at school along with the cockiness.
    As I said, I plan to reserve judgement until I've seen at least ten or fifteen minutes of a show.
    Wow, you are being generous!! I prefer to judge after the intro...

K

Annoying head turn..

Did anyone else find it sooooo annoying the way he kept turning to look at Melissa when it was her turn at her question?

CCL
    Oh, I'm going to have to disagree with the argument that sciences are "harder" courses than social science courses. Calculus and bio are hard, sure, but if you do the work and get the answers right you can get good marks, even 100 %. Whereas in the social sciences, a lot of your marks are based on subjective qualities. A lot of the time there are no specific answers in the social sciences - just arguments which you have to defend. Also, I knew a lot of people who got 100 in Math or Science. Noone ever got a 100 in English or History. And that's just speaking with regards to marks - learning another language, or how to play an instrument, or how to reason, are just as difficult as learning math or science. That's my 2 cents. With regards to Davis, I'm sure he had to work hard in his politics and history classes to get his good grades.

As for Davis as shown on tv...well. Davis, meet hubris. Hubris, Davis. I'm sure you too will be good pals.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast