+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Elizabeth

Scholar: Elizabeth

From the official site:

As an only child growing up in the rural town of Buhl, Idaho, Elizabeth had to find something to do to pass the time. What she found was math. A wholesome teen who has exhausted her high school math curriculum, she is now studying discreet math in a separate program. With a 4.0 GPA, Elizabeth understands that life in her small town will soon be a fond memory and that the opportunities she craves lie far beyond Idaho's borders. This is a small-town girl hungry for life in the big city. She hopes to attend an Ivy League school and pursue a career as a doctor in family practice. In addition to her schoolwork, Elizabeth has a passion for performing and studies classical piano.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    The fish out of water scholar. I'm sure the producers will following her personal development.

Sounds like a brat..

Small town & Classical piano...

Quote Originally Posted by magicpizzadust
    Sounds like a brat..

Small town & Classical piano...
    How does that make her a "brat"? Naive? Maybe. But brat...?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I'm sure she's a smart lady, but she looks Clueless in that picture.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I have a special fondness for brilliant students studyhing classical piano.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I studied piano for five years, and was so bad at the more difficult pieces, I'd pretend to 'lose' my music so I couldn't practice. I did that so often, eventually my mother caught on...it didn't help that our house was pretty small. I admire anyone who can play well...it's not easy having each hand do something completely different at the same time.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I studied piano for five years, and was so bad at the more difficult pieces, I'd pretend to 'lose' my music so I couldn't practice. I did that so often, eventually my mother caught on...it didn't help that our house was pretty small. I admire anyone who can play well...it's not easy having each hand do something completely different at the same time.
    Try saying that again when you see me at Fortcon II--a shot glass of whiskey in one hand, a pint glass of beer in the other.

In all seriousness, if there's one thing I wish I had done, it's learn to play a classical instrument. I think that music rounds out an education, in the classical sense (along with literature, art, sports, science and philosophy).
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Between the picture and the life of math build up.....I fear she may not be portrayed very well on camera......I just don't suspect that many Tv producers care about linear differential equations.....

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    The fish out of water scholar. I'm sure the producers will following her personal development.
    I agree. Don't know how she will be on camera, but I will find her small town ideas interestings in the big city. I think she will learn much from her housemates and hopefully she won't be "trampled" by some who may be more savvy or "city" smart.
    I don't know how someone can say that she is spoiled or a brat if she comes from a small town and plays piano! What is the correlation?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast