+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Jeremy

Scholar: Jeremy

From the official site:

Living the American Dream can be a blessing and a curse, according to Jeremy, a high school senior from Westminster, California. A proud first generation American, Jeremy's parents emigrated from Vietnam to create a better life in the United States. Highly aware of their sacrifice, Jeremy feels it is his duty to work hard. His 4.60 GPA and a full course load of all Advanced Placement classes testify to his academic prowess, but Jeremy's drive continues to motivate him outside the classroom. An athlete, orator and member of the Academic Decathlon Team - where he medaled six times - Jeremy believes that his life must be full of meaning in order to do justice to what his parents have done for him.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

4.60 GPA, I didn't even know that was possible.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    4.60 GPA, I didn't even know that was possible.
    Weird. Our school had an 8.0 system. Any student not taking Advanced Placement classes was screwed.

When I was in school 4.0 was the best you could do...how do you go above that? Is it the advanced placement classes that do it?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think it is the AP classes, Dagwood -- a weighted GPA to reflect harder classes, or something.
    My school only had three AP classes total, so the best we could get was, like, a 4.1.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Oh...my...SNAP. 4.60?! This guy should be able to bend spoons with a thought.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    This guy should be able to bend spoons with a thought.
    Or sporks.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Yes, it's the AP classes that up the GPA. If you have enough AP classes that you excel in, your GPA rises accordingly. Lil Rose is quite a smarty, and the highest she's made is 4.3 many times. So at a 4.6, I'm thinking he can read books without opening them.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Yes, it's the AP classes that up the GPA. If you have enough AP classes that you excel in, your GPA rises accordingly. Lil Rose is quite a smarty, and the highest she's made is 4.3 many times. So at a 4.6, I'm thinking he can read books without opening them.
    4.3?!

Looks at his 3.1 high school GPA and thinks

My AP classmates must have looked at me the same way that I looked at students in remedial classes.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    obviously a 4.0 just isnt worth what it used to be.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast