+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scholar: Jeremy

Jeremy struck me as the one to beat. He is smart, hard working, self-effacing, and mature. He seems years older than most of the others. Being a first generation American, he has a lot to prove. I've noticed that this is true of many new arrivals to our shore. Those of us who have been here for generations tend to take our good fortune for granted. Good luck to Jeremy, I hope he wins!

Jeremy is my fave. I just like this guy, cuz he's... well, he reminds me of me, except with motivation.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I was rooting for Jeremy, he definiately will be in the finals.

that "dream" stuff was annoying me. You dont have to win this show to go to college. Alot of people cant afford it and find ways to go.

His dream may be annoying to you, but he's an inspiration to many first-generation Americans, especially to those whose parents had to make huge sacrifices during their immigration.
    Revenge is ice cream.

He seems incredibly hard on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Will2005
    that "dream" stuff was annoying me. You dont have to win this show to go to college. Alot of people cant afford it and find ways to go.
    Yeah, he'll go to college, but there's no way that his parents are going to be able to afford an education that fits his level of intellect, which is the point of this show. These are basically all people bound for the ivies, but cannot pay their way there.

I really hope Jeremy can make it to the finals.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by HaikenEdge
    His dream may be annoying to you, but he's an inspiration to many first-generation Americans, especially to those whose parents had to make huge sacrifices during their immigration.
    Whoa there. At fifteen, my maternal grandfather traveled from Japan by himself on a ship for six days to arrive in Hawaii to stay with relatives he hardly knew. I like Jeremy but, I am not inspired by him. I find that within my own family.

FORT Fogey
    I hope he's not the one the judges are talking about in the preview for next week's episode when they were talking about a "he" having trouble during the debate. I'd like to see him get one more chance to make the Finals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast